4,176 results
All reviews food court the mountain room restaurant hemlock building yosemite valley ceiling fan small refrigerator food hall family room gift shop shuttle bus coffee maker glacier point can't beat the location two double beds dining options amazing location curry village
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Large comfortable rooms. Could sleep the 5 of us without trouble.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank FlyBWire
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I read many of these reviews before we booked our recent stay at the Yosemite Lodge, and I was a little fearful of what we would find. But I was pleasantly surprised!

We were in the Manzanita wing of the lodge, and our back patio looked right out on the falls. We went with our two children (age 9 and 2). It would have been a great room in the summer, being right by the pool, but it was also a quick walk to the food court and shuttle.

No, the room isn't super plush and is aging. There was a space heater to help keep us warm, which we didn't like to leave plugged in and on because of our toddler. We brought sleeping bags to add to the bed and weren't cold at night. The shower was fine with decent spray. The bed wasn't super comfortable, but it was better than sleeping in a tent. There was lots of room for our stuff, and it was clean. The room has a fridge which is a must for us.

But what you are really paying for with the room is the ability to just roll out of bed and walk up to Yosemite Falls. The shuttle to get anywhere in the park - free. The food in the food court was good - we had the bed and breakfast deal and three vouchers were plenty for the four of us so we could use the credit from the other for snacks and drinks for the day. Unlike going to Disney or something like that, you're not paying much for the park on top of the room, so I think that if you look at your hotel fees helping keep the park open then it's a little more reasonable.

If you are looking for four star accommodations - well, there's the Awanhee. But for our family it was a great place to stay and we'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Stayed 2 nights last week, bottom level of "Dogwood," the Mountain View Restaurant was really good, I loved the atmosphere, the falls are amazing, we had breakfast coupons, was busy and had to queue for omlets and coffee, but worth it for the location and sleep!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2012

For $179 (late fall season) you get a very sterile room with very bad acoustics - heard adjoining couple argue throughout the night. The room is quite average and old fashion, like something from the 50s (which it very well might be). You get a coupon for a drink (weak coffee or weak chocolate from a machine in their sterile cafeteria). The decks not infrequently give you a view of nothing given the obstruction from the vegetation. Unfortunately the lounge is no more, reincarnated as a bar (solely to make money).
The food in the cafeteria is clearly of poor quality, overly expensive for what you get and a very noisy atmosphere at that.

The Mountain House resturant is the only good thing about this joint, aside from the location.
Good service, nice atmosphere, some very good food, like the almond trout which has been on the menu for decades.

Customer Service is generally good but it is not uncommon to have long lines at the reception desk especially with a Tour in attendance.

Tenting it might offer a better experience and far better value even for those of us who have never camped. Staying at the Lodge might make you reconsider.

Room Tip: I suppsedly had the upcale room. Probably better value in winter - better to camp in summer even if you have never camped as I have not. Year was earlier than 2011.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Booked a two double-bed room for a two-night stay the last week of March (Beds longer than regular doubles – no problem). Two adults with two young granddaughters. The room was fine - heater worked well, no noise from other rooms (We were at the end of the bldg on the second floor). Tiny-screened TV didn't get used.

I didn't take my computer, but wifi is free. Not sure if it reaches the rooms though (several buildings with about 250 rooms here).

Ate first night's dinner at the food court. It was adequate. For a change, we took the shuttle (free) to Curry Village cafeteria, which I remember as being fairly nice. It was horrible. Breakfasted in our room one morning, then at the Food court the next. Peet's Coffee (the best, in my humble opinion) is the house coffee. I was a happy camper. I received 6 cards for "free" coffee upon check in, and didn't use them all.

The staff - main desk, housekeeping, and Food Court, all very friendly and helpful. I couldn't ask for more.

We'll return.

Room Tip: Most rooms do not have a view of note. You may want to request one. Cars must be emptied of anything that looks or smells like food. You may want a room near the parking area.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family