We have stayed at Yosemite Lodge several times. We have requested and stayed in the same building each time- I think it is the Acacia. The rooms were redone fairly recently, but still not fancy by any means. I believe they are deluxe rooms, so can't comment on the classic/regular rooms. The bathroom is basic, and as an other person said, the towels are rough. There are 2 queen beds in our room. There is a small refrigerator and FREE internet. We don't go there in the summer, so don't know how cool the room is.
The front desk people are great, and Philip remembers us. Staff in the cafeteria are helpful and the food decent. We also eat in the Mountain Room, which has good food, and pop over for lunch at the Ahwahnee for lunch in the Bar.
You really don't pay more for the location, as we have stayed at hotels outside the park which are just as pricey. You are in a National Park, and this hotel is comparable. Better than Old Faithful in Yellowstone, Mesa Verde Far View Lodge, and Grand Canyon Maswik Lodge. Prices are lower in the winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yosemite Valley Lodge is a favorite choice for families and large groups. Its close proximity to Yosemite Falls makes it the perfect base camp for exploring Yosemite National Park. Its glass and wood architecture work in unity with the surroundings and the ample windows allow in the bright mountain sunshine while providing remarkable views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cancelon and Travelocity so you can book your Yosemite Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yosemite Lodge At The Falls
- Yosemite Hotel National Park
- Yosemite Lodge Falls
- Yosemite Ca
- Yosemite View Lodge
- Yosemite Hotel At The Falls
- Lodge Reservation Yosemite
- Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Lodge Hotel
- Yosemite Falls Lodge