4,136 results
All reviewsfood courtthe mountain room restauranthemlock buildingyosemite valleyceiling fansmall refrigeratorfood hallfamily roomgift shopshuttle buscoffee makerglacier pointcan't beat the locationtwo double bedsdining optionsamazing locationcurry village
Reviewed May 20, 2011

First of all when I read a review that said the room was "luxurious" I had to scroll back to be sure we were talking about the same hotel!! I was so excited to be staying inside Yosemite and we arrived in snow and after checking in and heading to our room I couldn't help but love being at the foot of the falls and hear them crashing . My excitement was short lived after entering the room. It was a dark, dingy and dreary room, looked like it hadn't been painted in about twenty years. The lamps were so old they were almost falling apart, the furniture was extremely ancient and it was impossible to read because the room was so dark even with every light lit.
It's been a long time since I've seen old rubber plugs for the sink and tub and I'm not a snob but these didn't even have the chains attached to them! The room was not clean and I can't talk about amenities because there weren't any, not even a little coffee maker in the room for a late night cup of coffee or tea.
I don't mean to go on but this is a review of the HOTEL after all, not the park and surroundings.
The location was wonderful, we hiked to the falls and took the shuttle bus around, their system is very good and we enjoyed everything except the room. I hope someday to return to the park but wouldn't stay inside. I truly think for what they charge they certainly can do better, what made it worse was to see the Awahanee Hotel and see their lobby and restaurants etc. I do realize the rooms there are considerably more expensive but reading those reviews there seem to be many people disappointed with their rooms also.
I'd like to visit when it's warmer but then would probably not see the falls as they were and it certainly would be more crowded...

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kat1942
Reviewed May 18, 2011

When I stayed here in June 2010 I was amazed. If you have young children they will love this place because there is plenty of spots for them to run around, hike, and bike. I love this hotel there are so many trails and it is so luxurious. The rooms are awesome, the service is great, the location is great, the trails are great, everything about this hotel is great. It is right smack in the middle of the park so if you don't like tents or trailers then this is the place for you. You can really bike or hike anywhere, and there is plenty of space to run around and get some fresh air. I highly recommend this hotel to anybody who loves outdoors and luxury.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in May. The location is amazing. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel rooms are split into lodges surrounded by the forest and mountains, we could see the waterfall from our room. The rooms are comfortable but are rustic for a 4 star rating, you are paying for the location. Mountain View restaurant is very good and reasonably priced. Staying in Yosemite enables you to really enjoy the park, with ranger organised activities in the evening.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret_lishmund
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Okay, believe the reviews you read. You are definately paying for location and in my opinion it is worth it!! When we first got there (may 6-9) and checked in I was taken aback by my "deluxe" room. Be prepared. All deluxe means is that you have a balcony or a patio, but that view from the balcony is AWESOME to wake up to. We stayed there 3 nights.

Can the place use an update? For sure! Mattresses need to be replaced, porches on balconies need repainting and sweeping. So do the stairways inside. No air conditioning either. Having said all that and paying high season prices I would stay there again if visiting Yosemite for the first time.

Being able to wake up and walk right out your balcony or patio to see the granite cliffs and waterfalls is AMAZING. Being able to walk to Yosemite Falls ..GREAT! Having the Yosemite shuttle bus drive you around the park...CONVIENIENT! Coming back midday after a long hike to grab a quick nap...PERFECT! Not having to worry about driving out of the park in the dark...RELIEF. Also you walk out of your building and there is a family of deer grazing right out your door....beautiful.

I took a look at Curry village and that did nothing for me. I am a camper here in the midwest, but those tents have no windows and look like a refuge camp to me. just my opinion, but those staying in them didn't seem to mind.

In closing, two nights there is perfect. If I could change anything I would have spent my third night just outside the park.

Room Tip: Reserve early...if full keep checking back daily!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank maryjoanfive
Reviewed May 11, 2011

The View was awesome! The staff was great, the room was fair, the parking was scarce and the view was amazing.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple