“The best place to be in Yosemite!”

Yosemite's Scenic Wonders Vacation Rentals
“The best place to be in Yosemite!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Stone oaks house is a perfect place to be. It's huge with plenty of room for a big family and yet very cozy. We loved our stay here! But the most memorable part was when I left a special pot in their kitchen. The staff of Scenic wonders were so helpful. From the person who received my email to the site manager and down to the person who found and shipped it for free were AMAZING! I can't believe how dedicated each and everyone of them to even care about my small pot. It's expensive but now it values more to me. It has a great story to tell. I highly recommend Scenic Wonders to take care of your vacation lodging in Yosemite. I'm also so thankful for my brother to take me and my family with him and be part of this unforgettable experience.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank venice0306

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
So Cal
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying Yosemite was on Fire while we were here. Danny, once again, helped us get started. We have been to Scenic Wonders before and love the neighborhood. The house we stayed at was perfect, great kitchen, lots of room to spread out, large balcony and bbq. Located prefectly between the valley floor and the Mariposa Sequoia's park, we got to everywhere with an easy drive. We almost left the park Saturday, when the smoke really blanketed the valley, but we toughed it out, and decided to stay. It was worth it, Danny was great in helping us though the decision and we will be back again next year. Thank you Danny and Scenic Wonders for a great Labor day weekend.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DeanLo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We recently stayed in Sequoias East for 2 nights and had a wonderful time.

Our original lodge reservation was cancelled 4 days prior to our arrival - due to the Rim Fire that is still raging on as I write this. So we were scrambling to find something last minute. Fortunately for us we found Scenic Wonders. The lady on the phone was very sympathetic to our situation and was extremely helpful. She didn't have anything that was suitable for just the 3 of us, so she offered the bigger Sequoias East with a discount. We were so glad! It was fantastic!

Sequoias East is part of a duplex that was built quite recently. There are no stairs to climb. The property is very clean, spacious and well equipped with everything you may need. It can actually accommodate up to 8 persons comfortably with its 2 levels, 3 bedrooms/2 baths/2 living rooms/full kitchen/dining room/large deck layout. There are a lot of windows and a skylight in the main bathroom that bring in plenty of natural lighting during the day. It was just perfect in every way.

We also loved the location of Scenic Wonders. It's located in a quiet community known as Yosemite West. It's approximately 25 min from Yosemite Valley, 30 min from Glacier Point, 40 min from Mariposa Grove. We definitely saved a lot of driving time by staying here inside the park!

While there we actually didn't get a chance to interact with the staff that everyone raved about. We arrived at the office at 9pm. The office of course was closed. There was an envelope taped outside of the office with my name printed on it. Inside there were keys, a map, a form to be filled and returned, as well as general instruction. Once we made our way to Sequoias East, we found there were detailed instructions posted throughout so there was actually no need to see/call the staff during our entire stay. While some people may prefer a litter interaction, we are perfectly fine with this arrangement. Our main purpose there was to enjoy the park to the fullest, and nothing else.

We enjoyed our stay here immensely. If we ever get a chance to visit Yosemite again, we will definitely come back to Scenic Wonders!

Room Tip: Although we were warned that GPS may not work well here, we didn't have any problem with our uni...
2 Thank traveltravel88
Corcoran, California
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had the Yosemite Edelweiss Cabin booked for this last weekend. We had our reservation booked several months ago and our family from Texas had plane tickets purchased (both non-refundable). Despite this, we were concerned about the wildfire burning near Yosemite, so we contacted the management. They asssured us that we were in no dangerand that the area was smoke free. Since we didn't want to loose out on our vacation we decided to come anyway. We are sure glad we did! The skies were blue and Yosemite was breathtaking. It was my families first trip to Yosemite and my first trip to Scenic Wonders. We were able to see the big trees, glacier point and Yosemite Valley. We even got in one short hike (setinal dome, I recommend it). Scenic Wonders is located in a private community called Yosemite West, it is a very nice and quiet developement. It was very close to everything, only about 30 minutes to all the sights. The cabin Edelweiss was great, it's located at the end of the street with lovely views of the trees. It is well stocked with everything you need (towels, sheets), there is salt and pepper (no other spices) and coffee and filters. There was a large deck with table and chairs and a great BBQ (we used this a lot). There is no air conditioning and it got a little warm at sunset, but after the sun went down it cooled down nicely. We even got chilly before the sun came up. There was no wifi but the office staff was nice enough to let us use the office wifi (we just needed to print out boarding passes). Upon first inspection we didn't see laundry facilites, however after calling management they quickely sent someone over to unlock a room with the washer and dryer (first class customer service!) Overall we are glad the manager (very nice lady, sorry I forgot your name) convinced us to come. It was a great and relaxing family get away. We'll be back!

Room Tip: The Edelweiss cabin is great but has a lot of stairs, may not work for those with mobility issues.
3 Thank Betty G
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Quail Crossing
It was very clean, fresh, and quiet place for our vacation. The staff at the office were very polite and helpful -- We will be back. It's worth the drive up. We will recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank nanabeck
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have enjoyed many a trip to Yosemite which have been made all the sweeter by staying with Scenic Wonders. I have stayed in several different rentals, from the Condos all the way up to "sleeps 12" cabins, depending on the group I am traveling with. The condos and cabins are always clean and well stocked, and feel just like home. I can't wait for my next visit. I have never had a complaint. But they have recently had to change their policy to "no dogs allowed" because of the carelessness of a few irresponsible renters!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank hikergrl60
La Honda, CA
Reviewed August 15, 2013

First, let me say that Scenic Wonders property management is top-notch and I would go back to Yosemite and rent from them in a heart beat. We actually stayed right across the street from the on-site property manager in Yosemite West, and the mgr is awesome. Everything about the process went smoothly. I would have given 5 stars to this review based on how well everything was handled.
We chose this location to be close to the park but not in a hotel. We had our permits to hike up the Half Dome Cables and we had a blast. We did our hike in the middle of our 4 night stay, and when we left the house at 4am (to get a jump on the day hike) it only took 25 minutes to get to the Happy Isles parking lot. Honestly, for us it was a blessing to not be with the hoards in the Valley.
Now, as for my choice in homes to rent. First, the Positives of 'Alpine View'. The two beds (Q & K) were incredibly comfortable! We rent 2 times a year up at Lake Tahoe and it's usually more miss than hit on the bed front, either with mattresses that are too hard or bed frames that shimmy and shake when you blink your eyes. These beds were comfy and practically shimmy-free, so we all slept relatively well. Alpine View has a jacuzzi so that is a plus if you like them. The new gas range worked great, both stove and oven. They provide you with dish soap and paper towels, and bath soap, extra TP, and plenty of towels for both bath and hot tub too. They must have an on-demand water heater because we never ran out of hot water. The gas grill is new-ish and works better than ours at home!
Now, the Negatives, which sadly far outweigh the Postives. You enter either into the King bedroom or climb a massive set of steps up to the kitchen. The downstairs bedrooms could technically share the master bath in the King BR but that's awkward (even with family), so my hubby and I had to go up the spiral staircase and through the "living space" where my son and his cousin were sleeping on the couches to use the bathroom behind the kitchen. The knives in the kitchen were so dull they would not cut through warm butter. There is no dishwasher and very limited counter space. There is no overhead lighting in the kitchen, only a dim above-the-sink bulb and an above-the-stove bulb, and the other lights are a dim torchiere by the couch, a dim lamp by the dining table, and a ceiling light in the middle of the living room with 'warm' bulbs in it that throw no good working light. It was really difficult to see well enough to prep and cook. The kitchen is tiny. The "spices provided" consisted of a container of Morton salt and ground pepper in a shaker. The pepper grinder was empty and there were no peppercorns nor other spices. Folgers coffee, sugar packets, tea bags, and artificial sweeteners are provided, none of which we use. The tv system is fine--thee are alot of stations to watch on DishNetwork, including music stations--but there are no external speakers so sound quality is limited to the poor-quality speaker in the flatscreen. It would have been nice to have some small external speakers to listen to music. They provide a small boom box which is stuffed into the closet--I suppose the owners want to encourage quiet neighbors. The outside has cobwebs everywhere, and the owners' cobwebbed Christmas lights were still up and were always on (in the summer). Their lighting on the steps (down to the duplex from the street) shuts off at 11pm, then it is pitch-black--bring a flashlight if you stay out late.
I realize that some of those Negatives might not be negative to some folks, but they just weren't working for our family.
I simply wish that I'd picked a different place. 'Alpine View' is a duplex unit and its owners live in the other unit. The owners remain in their home all day long which is fine, but they are not friendly and when they do come out it's to 'observe' you. We were quiet, our whole family is non-partying, clean, and respectful--but it is discomforting to be scrutinized at every step. I am not a property owner so I'm sure it's stressful enough to be one, let alone to live next to your renters. If I were them, I would not rent this place out anymore. The other house rentals in the area are gorgeous and are kept up nicely on the outside. It's like the owners of Alpine View don't care about their place (both their side and the rental side), yet they worry that you're not going to be good renters.
Bottom line--if you do like to rent houses rather than stay in hotels, Scenic Wonders and the Yosemite West residential area are great. If you prefer a decent house with a functioning kitchen, pick a different rental other than Alpine View. It's not worth the money.

8 Thank Elziti
Rush Creek Lodge
Rush Creek Lodge
#3 of 7 in Groveland
White Chief Mountain Lodge

Been to Yosemite's Scenic Wonders Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!