“You will die but it will be worth it!”
Review of Uncle Tom's Trail

Uncle Tom's Trail
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The stairs will kill you, but the view is terrific! Take it slow and bring your camera it is so beautiful!

There are newer reviews for Uncle Tom's Trail

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Being afraid of heights, even the descent was difficult, stopping to take photos along the way because the view is spectacular from the top to the bottom of this hike. Going back up the stairs takes some stamina, but I found it easier to count 35 steps and then rest a bit. After doing that only 10 times, you have it done. I'm not in great shape, but I saw young people struggling and resting along the way too, so who cares? The sun came out and I got my waterfall rainbow pictures, so I was delighted. I would make this a must do in Yellowstone. As necessary as watching Old Faithful. Amazing. And I did it!

1  Thank DesPeresGirl
Reviewed July 25, 2013

A little scary on the stairs going down, but well worth it! Spectacular views you can't get anywhere else in the park! One of the most beautiful locations in Yellowstone.

1  Thank Meg A
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This trail at Yellowstone is very popular, and there is a reason for it! It's a challenging, but short, hike that is mostly a steep climb down metal stairs. I would recommend doing the hike, but doing it at dusk. The sun will set on the falls, and you won't have to deal with so many other visitors.

Safety note: please, please, please hold on to your children! During my visit I saw so many parents clinging to the hand rails, that they didn't watch out for their children. Your safety is never guaranteed while hiking, but it is a really cool climb!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

A great trail down to a view of the falls. Be careful on the steps, especially if they are wet. The view from the bottom is worth the trip back up.