“Holy empty wallet Batman”

Lake Lodge Cafeteria
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We went to the Lake Lodge Cafeteria for breakfast on our last day in Yellowstone. The breakfast was decent. I had a frittata that was pretty tasty and my kids liked the french toast. However, I could have eaten at the Ritz Carlton dining room for the price we paid for a couple entrees, two milks, two coffees, some oatmeal and three fruit cups. It was over F-I-F-T-Y dollars. I know they have a captive audience in the park but that just seemed like gouging. If you stay bring your own cereal and a cooler with milk. I thought my husband's eyes were going to pop out of his head when we slid our plastic trays up to the check out. The "cafeteria" isn't a catchy retro name. It's actually a cafeteria - just like the ones in your children's school. Not worth it!!!

2  Thank A S

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We chose to eat here - although even as residents at the Hotel we might have had to anyway because of the ridiculous reservations policy -- and liked the choice, quality and atmosphere. Good value too.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

They do vary the menu each day so that you can try a few different things. They keep some standards on the menu too if you find something you like. Comfortable seating and you can't beat the view from the dining hall!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Good food, no lines, pleasant atmosphere, locally prepared food. Don't let the idea of "cafeteria" scare you off. It just means that you don't have to have reservations or wait for service. We ate breakfast every day here, and it was great. The prime rib dinner is also excellent. How lucky to have a place to eat that isn't over crowded nor requires reservations. The Lake Lodge is a special place.

1  Thank akuaSaintPaul
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We had dinner there the evening we arrived and breakast the next morning. The food is, really, good and one has a large array of things to choose from.