“This place is a joke! The staff is wonderful...”
Review of Terrace Grill

Terrace Grill
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, Washington
“This place is a joke! The staff is wonderful...”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We decided to have breakfast at the Terrace "GRILLE", what a joke. We walked in and saw that it was kind of a self service place but we asked about breakfast and they said they only had a continental breakfast. I asked then how come the word "Grille" and was told that they grill hamburgers for lunch. We walked out shaking our heads and went to the dining room, another BAD idea! See my dinning room review. I left a scathing online review at their corporate website and did not hear back. The incredible thing is that their staff at every level are wonderful and gracious. Their HR department should get an award for finding great people to staff a very poor lodge. This was not our first stop, we had already been to Zion, Grand Canyon, Bryce and Arches.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Good food, good price”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We ate here twice during our visit by the timing of our park touring and we were happy both times. This was over Memorial Day weekend so the place was packed, but everyone from the cashier to the bussers were polite and friendly. ( I wish the same could be said of the guests. Sigh.) First visit, for ease of ordering we got two combos, bacon cheese burgers, fries and drink, about $ 20.00. (To hell with the fat, sodium, carbs and calories! LOL) The burgers were terrific, or I was just starving, but we both felt everything was good.

They also have a separate window that sells ice cream, a little spendy, but you really should be aware of the prices in the park before you get there and have an ugly surprise.

Next visit we had a hot dog and a pulled pork sandwich. The hot dog was fine, the pork sandwich a yummy mess! Stay here, sit and eat this, don't take it to go. If there are a couple of adults in your group, someone go look for a table, especially when they are busy.

Across the parking lot is a big general store, souvenirs and ice cream. A sweet older lady that worked at the store pointed out we had spent enough that we could get a blanket for just another $15. Watch out for her, she's a charmer.

There are also many elk, mostly female, that hang out here. (In the Mammoth area, not the store.) They are wonderful to see but please use your head. Stay back, take your photos, have a great visit.

1 Thank GARNERSINMH
Ohio
“Uninspiring food”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Their food is just "OK". You can tell is it of a low quality, and without much taste. But, it is convenient.

Akershus, Norway
“not good even for a cup of coffee”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I only bought a cup of coffee here but I could finish drinking it because it was so bad. The cashier was very friendly though.

missoula
“so good so friendly”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

so we had bkfst coupons buffet or off the menu. I had the bennies, they have 3 choices, trout, spinach or ham. They let you split your 2, nice, I got spinach/ham. Good, not great. 4 pieces of spinach. I wanted to do steak & eggs & the waitress said they couldnt do it med rare b/c they were so thin but a. they're not thin & b. med rare is how they come (someone else had them & I rued my decision not to). Someone else had the burrito, trust me its delicious, not like it sounds. The best thing on Sunday when the buffet is huge, is the bread pudding w cream sauce. I had 3 helpings. Staff was wonderful. Gave us lots of skiing tips and other park tips.

Visited January 2014