“Better than the Old Faithfull Inn”

Obsidian Dining Room
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We had a great dinner here while traveling with young children. The menu was above average for the National Parks, I had the bison short ribs, which were wonderful. My wife had the trout which she enjoyed. The staff was very attentive unlike our service at the Old Faithfull Inn. There it seemed as though they expected you to be happy just being there.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

The Obsidian Dining Room is the best sit down dining in the Old Faithful Area. Yhe food and service are a cut above the Old Faithful Inn. They do not take reservations which is a plus for small groups.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

Had it not been for a later meal at the Lake Yellowstone Hotel dining room, the meal we had at the Obsidian Dining Room in the Old Faithful Snow Lodge would have received five stars. As it was, the service there was the best in the park--friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is not as grand as the Old Faithful Inn dining room, but it was sunny and pleasant. The menu had some interesting choices not found elsewhere. It was also great to walk right in without reservations. I would definitely recommend dining at the Obsidian Dining Room if you are staying in the Old Faithful area, and want a nice, relaxed dining experience with good food.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

I expected Yellowstone to have typical overpriced low quality food. I was wrong. Maybe the idea that lots and lots of international travelers coming here has helped them to step up the quality a bit. We were there in early June, 2010 and the tourist season was just getting a full head of steam so it wasn't very crowded yet. With that in mind, I think they didn't have all of their summer help yet. Several restaurants had very slow service, BUT the food quality was always high. Obsidian Room in the Old Faithful Snow Lodge was the highlight for me. I love the Salmon and I love the work they are doing at Yellowstone to use sustainable food sources. I ate Breakfast and Dinner here and enjoyed both.

Reviewed July 4, 2010

Food here is good and warm (the food at Old Faithful not so good and not overly warm).

I had the buffalo ribs which I thoroughly enjoyed.