“Best service in Yellowstone”

Obsidian Dining Room
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Had it not been for a later meal at the Lake Yellowstone Hotel dining room, the meal we had at the Obsidian Dining Room in the Old Faithful Snow Lodge would have received five stars. As it was, the service there was the best in the park--friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is not as grand as the Old Faithful Inn dining room, but it was sunny and pleasant. The menu had some interesting choices not found elsewhere. It was also great to walk right in without reservations. I would definitely recommend dining at the Obsidian Dining Room if you are staying in the Old Faithful area, and want a nice, relaxed dining experience with good food.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

I expected Yellowstone to have typical overpriced low quality food. I was wrong. Maybe the idea that lots and lots of international travelers coming here has helped them to step up the quality a bit. We were there in early June, 2010 and the tourist season was just getting a full head of steam so it wasn't very crowded yet. With that in mind, I think they didn't have all of their summer help yet. Several restaurants had very slow service, BUT the food quality was always high. Obsidian Room in the Old Faithful Snow Lodge was the highlight for me. I love the Salmon and I love the work they are doing at Yellowstone to use sustainable food sources. I ate Breakfast and Dinner here and enjoyed both.

Reviewed July 4, 2010

Food here is good and warm (the food at Old Faithful not so good and not overly warm).

I had the buffalo ribs which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Reviewed June 30, 2010

We ordered several appetizers for dinner and ate them in the lobby while playing cards with the kids. It was really fun and much more low key and economical.

Reviewed June 24, 2010

You have to wait a long time to get in this first come first serve restaurant. Everyone working there looks not happy. Food was too bad. I ordered bison short rib. The rib was not bad, but the side dishes was unacceptable, tasted like Korean kimchi. Our friends ordered the seafood. The ingredient was fresh, but the chef requires more training obviously. Avoid at all cost.