“Very good breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We got french toast and a hiker's special which were both very good! We came here two times and had a great experience both times!

1  Thank John D

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I had read this restaurant's reputation for being the best in the Park but we didn't agree. We had salads and the lamb sampler and the trout. Nothing to write home about. Service was okay. I hesitate to criticize my National Parks because I know they have limited budgets and challenging supply chains but the atmosphere here was not at all special. Waiting in the lobby area was nice but the restaurant was just generic and the tables are very close together.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had a bad experience at this overpriced Xanterra restaurant. My husband ordered a spicy peanut pasta dish which he couldn't eat because it was so watery/soupy. They did end up not charging us for his meal. I ordered the rotisserie chicken. The first attempt that they brought out was a shriveled, dried up, over-done piece of chicken. When I questioned it, they did bring me out a much better looking piece. It begs the question, though, why would they serve something quite obviously not acceptable? We very much regret choosing to eat here.

1  Thank iu92
Reviewed July 22, 2014

For all the rave reviews, we were really disappointed. The service was fine (actually a little intrusive) but the food just was not as advertised. I had bison short ribs that were dry and bland. My wife's salmon was overcooked and, again, bland. My daughter's prime rib was huge, but again, kind of without taste. Just not anything we got really excited about, especially for the prices they charge. In need of a menu re-vamp to make things more interesting.

1  Thank Hoiya
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We ate here as a family the first night of a 3 night stay. Unlike the Old Faithful Inn restaurant, this was easier to get into and we found the food comparable (though, as we expected, a little overpriced for what it is). The menu and food are fairly pedestrian but keep in mind the volume of people from different walks of life and various countries that they have to please. The service was reasonable (our waiter was efficient but was not the most outgoing). The beer and wine selection was decent (they had several local/regional beers, some on tap which were very good - try the Moose Drool if you like brown ales! This is not fine dining at its best but it was very decent and respectable and we walked in without a reservation on a Saturday night in the middle of summer which made things very easy. Overall a good take.

1  Thank Bill M