“great food, fantastic staff”

Obsidian Dining Room
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed September 20, 2013

we had 3 meals at the obsidian room, 2 evening meals and a breakfast.
We stayed at the snow lodge for 2 nights and ate both our evening meals here as after the standard of the first meal we couldn't see a reason to go anywhere else. We had our second breakfast in the Old Faithful Lodge just because I wanted to see the inside, but the quality of service was no where near the Obsidian room.
The hostess, serving staff, bus boys and other staff were all friendly and polite and made our meals very enjoyable. The food is not for small stomachs as I had trouble finishing my rotisserie chicken (half a chicken).
Would eat here again when we re-visit the area. Thanks

1  Thank jesspipozamber

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is also located at Old Faithful, located in the Snow Lodge. Newer facilities than Old Faithful. Dining facility was adequate. Server was friendly and very good. Don't get the French onion soup, no flavor, very bland. When we told the server he took it off the bill. Was not expecting that. Husband had pasta special, which was very filling. I had roasted chicken with te mashed cauliflower. Large portion and very good. Price was comparable for the area.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This dining room was one of the better ones we went to in the park. Great selection (if you're a carnivore), excellent preparation, just really good overall. It certainly surprised us for being a National Park. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank puablo
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Having experienced the old faithful lodge cafeteria the previous evening, this was a HUGE improvement. We didn't have to wait, as is usually the norm, and our meal was very good. I chose the trout and my husband the prime rib, both were perfect. Price and presentation just right too. for the first time in a long trip I 'dressed up' just a bit, which was probably a mistake, but really anything goes at the whole OF complex in general . The only complaint was the whole layout of the carpark area is terrible, especially in the dark. You have to exit and go a long way around to get back to the Lodge, it's most confusing.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We enjoyed the food at the Obsidian but particularly enjoyed chatting with the friendly staff. Breakfast and dinner were both good. Most of the park dining rooms have similar but not identical options but all seemed pretty good and staffed with well-trained employees.