“Quaint”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This dining room is seemingly unchanged from many decades ago. It has an old-fashioned feel, which many will like, but others may find tiresome. The food was ok, and the service was chatty, but on the day we were there, it was overcrowded, so service was very slow. Families flocked in, so go with family, but not if there's just 2 of you.

There are newer reviews for Mammoth Hot Springs Dining Room

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I was quite surprised to see just about every menu item was also available gluten-free. They feature gluten-free pasta and hamburger buns. When we placed our order, the waiter delivered the customary basket of bread. I asked if he could bring me some gluten-free bread and to my delight he brought out a steamed gluten-free bun (I believe it was Udis) and some Glutino crackers. Honestly this was the first time a restaurant has done this for me so I was quite pleased. My meal was wonderful, service was perfect, and the atmosphere terrific. No complaints!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The food is about what one would find at a decent chain restaurant. The bison steak was tough; however, the trout was nicely done. Desserts were good -- apple crisp and banana napoleon. Wine list is sparse.

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We went here for breakfast and the options looked promising. Smoked trout sounds lovely. I had the trout on bagel but nothing came to the table warm. The waiter said that the dish came with potatoes when it was ordered but it came out with salad. There was no dressing which salad (spinach & lettuce) is strange fist thing in the morning whether there is dressing or not.

The menu items were not cheap but after receiving the food I found the quality did not match the price. We decided not to return despite the wonderful views from the dining area.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Lovely decor. However the staff seemed overwhelmed. There were plenty of empty tables, but people waited to be seated. Not sure why, maybe staffing problem. We waited a long time from placing our order to getting our food, about 40 minutes. The food was average at best. Too bad, such a wonderful location.