“Great Bison Burger !”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Never eated bison and decided to eat a burger. It was simply excellent, I'm still dreaming that burger !
Breakfast is good too, with kids buffet at a fair price.
Staff was helpful and very polite.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We have never eaten anything other than breakfast at Mammoth and it's little wonder why. The bacon is limp and grayish. Potatoes are tough and lukewarm. Will Xanterra cooks ever learn how to produce crispy, hot hash browns? Eggs are, well....eggs, thank goodness. The rye toast had no real rye flavor. Based on the breakfast experience, we're reluctant to try more expensive lunch or dinner, not to mention the waiting game at dinner time can be a nightmare here, since no reservations are taken.

First thing in the morning at Mammoth, there are few dining options other than the hotel dining room, so despite the consistently disappointing meals, we usually start the day here. However, for lunch and dinner, we drive 5 miles to Gardiner (or elsewhere), where the choices and quality are better.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We checked into the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel around dinner time, by the time we got settled in our room we were both pretty hungry so we headed over to the Dining Room across the street a very easy short walk. We were seated quicly and our server was wonderful.
The diing room is one big room with massive floor to ceiling windows over looking the old parade grounds. We were not seated very long before the show began...two huge male elk began to challenge each other locking horns, snorthing, bellowing and bugling. It was very entertaining. Our dinner arrived toward the end of the show and it was beyond delicious. I ordered the bison filet it was so moist and tender one of the best steaks I have ever had. Dear Hubby had it as well and raved with every bite how good it was.
The next morning we had the breakfast buffet which was very good and filling. We ordered the hikers box lunches for our afternoon adventure and we were not disappointed, the wraps were huge and more than satisfying, it came with chips pickle and chocolate chip cookies.
The last morning we were there we both oredered the trout eggs benedict to say the least they were to die for.
Service was always great and the food never lacked.
We will definately be back.

1  Thank starsweptsky
Reviewed October 24, 2013

There are few places to eat in Yellowstone, and this is one of the few in Mammoth Hot Springs. You do have the option of going north into Montana and eating at the town just outside the gate, but this is convenient if you are staying in Mammoth Hot Springs. Our family checked in to the hotel/cabins, and then came over for dinner. There were 6 of us and we were seated right away. The first thing you notice is it is one big room, with huge glass windows overlooking the Yellowstone mountains. A beautiful view! we were unlucky to only see a couple of animals during dinner. I ordered the BISON FILET and it was better then most any cow filet I've ever had. SO tender and juicy, I LOVED it. I was completely stuffed at the end of our meal. I think my entire family loved our meal! We came back the next morning for the breakfast buffet but half of my family ordered off the menu. All the food we got was great, the service was really good, and they were always around so you could get something if you needed it. This is as good as it gets in Yellowstone. The prices are just a bit elevated, but you expect that in a secluded area, so it's not a complaint, it's just an observation. That's why I rated the value average. It was really good but the food EXCELLENT!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We tried to eat at this restaurant but could not get served because of large bus groups. That is why I rated it "POOR". On the way out, a young woman in the gift shop recommended that we drive down the road just a short way and go to "Cowboys Corner". I have written a review about that, so please check it out if you also cannot get served at this restaurant. As we were leaving, we did see a refrigerator in the gift shop that had sandwiches to go but there were only two or three left and we were a group of eight.