“Disappointing”

Mammoth Hot Springs Dining Room
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

My wife and I only had the buffet breakfast at Mammoth Hotel Dining Room. We really should know to check out buffets before choosing the buffet over ordering from a menu but I guess we forgot and we paid the price.

Considering the lousy selection and poor quality of buffet items, it was overpriced at $11.95 per person. We've had much better breakfast buffets at chain motels and paid nothing.

Service was OK. Atmosphere was fine but nothing special. There wasn't a view from where we were sitting.

• Visited May 2011

East Yorkshire
“Not Very Good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

Limited choices, not well presented not good value for money

• Visited August 2011
Vannes
“Perfection in food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

Our only adress while sleeping at mammoth hotels.
The only adress in yellowstone without complains :
- about food : all was delicious and choice is large;
- about service : attentive, with smiles, not too fast and no waiting time...
Perhaps the "key" is the presence of the manager during the meals, manager who helped his staff if necessary...
Even the breakfast are nice here...
Highly recommanded...

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank Monpetit
British Columbia
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

No breakfast at our motel in Gardiner, so we thought we'd try the dining room in the park. The pancakes with pecans was enjoyable and filling. I had the short stack and probably could not have finished a tall stack order. Good coffee too! Good service from a young girl working the summer in the park. Reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2011
Sugar Land
“good creative food, family friendly, quick service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Our extended family of 13 enjoyed a very nice dinner at Mammoth Hot springs. Reservations are not accepted, so arrive before 630pm to avoid a wait. We arrived at 530 and were quickly seated, with two adjoining tables and the same server (who was knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly). The dinner entrees are different at the Yellowstone restaurants even though Xanterra runs them all (kids & dessert menus are the same). One nice thing about Mammoth is that small plate dinners are offered, and the portions are fine for most people (but not my teenage son or husband after a busy day of hiking). My father-in-law enjoyed bison tacos and my mother-in-law enjoyed her fish tacos-both had nice soft tortillas & tasty fillings. My daughters split the vegetarian lasagna roll-ups off the adult dinner menu and LOVED them-not a bite was left. My preteen & teenage sons scarfed down their bison burgers. I liked my chicken with brie & huckleberry sauce-I usually do not order chicken when I eat out, but I love brie--it was very tasty. My husband & brother-in-law enjoyed their elk steaks, and my dad & sister-in-law liked their nut-crusted fish. The desserts are good-the same as other places, although each restaurant offers one unique dessert-we tried the housemade truffles-one slice of huckleberry chocolate truffle & one peppermint with a scoop of chocolate ice cream...yummy!
We did not have a window view of the terraces, but in the parking lot we saw many elk and drove closer to watch their antics. We will definitely return here the next time we visit Yellowstone.

• Visited July 2011