“Not as Expected”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The first thing you need to know is that this is not a romantic dinner venue. It was so loud that we could not hardly hear each other. My wife's salmon was ok but the buffet was from my college cafeteria. The bar was separate from the restaurant and did not offer any appetizers or food. All in all I would say it was not worth the money spent. Would not recommend to friends. Go see the Inn but bring your lunch.

2  Thank sbri09

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Wife and I wanted to celebrate a wonderful trip to YNP and I made reservations to the Dining Room. We ordered buffalo tenderloin entrees along with a crab cocktail and lobster ravioli. Our server was attentive and made great suggestions.

1  Thank Allan T
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I had been planning our Yellowstone trip for over a year. When it came time, I made sure that we had made reservations for the Lake Yellowstone Hotel Dining Room. Kelly was our server and did a fabulous job. My husband and I had the dinner buffet, so we could try everything. The flank steak was awesome! Our table was next to a window with gorgeous views of Yellowstone Lake. Wow!! On the evening of our dinner, there was a group of approx. 40 gentlemen who were attending some type of event in the park who were having dinner. They had requested the string quartet, who plays in the nearly lobby, to come into the dining room. The string quartet began to play "God Bless America" with group of gentlemen standing and singing along. The whole room also joined in. It was the perfect ending to our day in Yellowstone.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We also ate at the Lake Yellowstone Hotel during our visit to Yellowstone. This is a notch up in quality from the Old Faithful Inn. We had their edamame hummus as a starter. I had their prosciutto-wrapped pork tenderloin. The prosciutto was as thick as bacon and fell off my pork tenderloin. The seasonal veggies were a bit overcooked. My husband started with a poached-pear salad that had literally a quarter of a poached pear sliced paper-thin. His pasta was pretty standard. All in all, it was decent but pricey. We knew we were paying for the atmosphere but expected a slightly better meal. Make a reservation if you want to go.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband, adult daughter, and I were thrilled to be dining in this lovely historic hotel, and were so disappointed by the very lackluster meal and inattentive service. Our reservation wasn't ready, so we got a sub-standard table right in the middle of a busy traffic flow. The waitress took our orders for the supposedly elegant buffet ($30 p/person), and brought us our bill - that was about it for service. The buffet itself was barely mediocre - vegetables were greasy, lukewarm, pork tenderloin had an "off" taste, and desserts were not refreshed, so choices were limited. My husband's chicken cacciatore had the driest chicken you can imagine - very overcooked. My daughter and I had the pork and were up all night with gastric distress. The front desk lady said it was "just altitude sickness" and didn't even offer a word of sympathy. We had already been in Yellowstone for a week, and were fine before having the buffet... Just not worth it!