“Lovely lakeside setting, but room choice is critical”

Lake Yellowstone Hotel Dining Room
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
UK
“Lovely lakeside setting, but room choice is critical”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Another of Yellowstone's historic hotels, which requires booking months ahead, this is conveniently located near the centre of the park, which is why we spent a couple of nights there, although if we'd had the choice and the money we might have preferred the Old Faithful Inn. There is a lovely conservatory lounge, although the bar service can be a bit hit and miss. The restaurant is stylish, the food fine, but not outstanding, and the service predominantly the usual young people exploring the world. Be careful if you are choosing your room.

Visited September 2013

Michigan
“A Lovely Setting”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We ate here one night and at the Old Faithful Inn another. This was by far the better meal. Service was wonderful, the food creative, fresh and imaginative. We had a lovely view overlooking Yellowstone Lake as the day was ending. It's a large dining room that is classic and well-portioned. The room seats a very large number of people but with all the wood floors, tables, carpets, etc., the noise level was quite acceptable and enjoyable to have a conversation even when completely full. Each service seemed to have only 3-4 tables so their attention was timely and efficient.

• Visited September 2013
Kentucky
“Mosquetos EVERYWHERE!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Hotel was very hard to find. There are no signs tell a visitor when to turn on the road to the hotel. We happened to cross a park ranger who helped us. The hotel it's self is beautiful. Very "back in time" grandeur. The view was gorgeous of the lake. Check in was flawless. The lobby was just beautiful. there was a piano in the middle of the lobby. The pianist was playing the theme song from the movie Titanic. She played so beautiful, it just set the mood. The lobby is an all old glass windows surrounded by comfy sofas so a visitor and sit with a beverage and enjoy the atmosphere and the beautiful view of the lake. The "old world charm" was just breathtaking. But stepping outside... a whole different story! Because the hotel is located on the lake, there were millions and millions of mosquito looking bugs swarming everywhere. A guest couldn't even take a walk because of it. It was horrible. They covered the doors, the cars, the screens of the hotel. I never seen anything like it. I live in the county and I am use to all kinds of outside bugs but this was ridiculous. This was this only place that we encountered through out our whole trip in Yellowstone that had this kind of swarming of bugs.

The room we had reserved was an average room. Everything in this hotel is as if the visitor "stepped back into time" The rooms are not fancy but how much time is a visitor going to spend in the room anyway? There is no TV (which I liked) My family did not come to Yellowstone to watch TV. The beds were a little hard for my liking but it served it's purpose. The room was clean but dated. The bathroom was clean. The hotel provides complementary shampoo and conditioner and body wash. The view from the room was a beautiful view of the lake minus the millions of mosquitos that plastered the screen. The dinner was very price but good. The breakfast was really good.

• Visited June 2013
Spotswood, New Jersey
“Decadent meal”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had pear and blue cheese raviolis. If no one had been watching, I might have licked the bowl. Seriously. The house salad was wonderful with an amazing house dressing. And dessert was a delicious end to a perfect meal. Our waitress Ivana was lovely and attentive.

My only complaint is that it seemed like pretty much every male waiter there was in serious need of a haircut or shave. Call me picky, but if you're delivering my food, I'd like you to look clean and fresh, and messy facial hair doesn't cut it. Neither do long pony tails, not at a nice restaurant. Felt like I wanted to buy some scissors and line them up for haircuts.

Visited September 2013
Wauwatosa
“Do not eat here”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Suffered at Lake Dining room on Tuesday September 24, 2013. If my waitress is competing to be the worst waitress in the world she certainly is a favorite. Snotty, minus personality condescending are generous descriptions. Food, terrible. Presented me with something called soup that I am unsure my grandfather would have fed to his pigs. Ordered the pork schnitzel cordon bleu. Best described as cardboard with a tasteless coating thrown into a deep fryer. When I complained to the manager after the meal she agreed the menu needed some tweeting. I advised her the kitchen needed to learn how to prepare food.

• Visited September 2013