“Nice surprise”

Old Faithful Inn Dining Room
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

So glad we made the reservations to eat here. I'm pretty sure you can't get in without them.
The atmosphere was rustic and so was the food. Between the two of us we chowed down on trout cakes, roasted red pepper smoked Gouda soup, bison pot roast, and red trout hash. It was all delicious and we walked out so stuffed we couldn't even top it off with a cup of coffee.
We would definitely make reservations to eat here again if we return to Yellowstone!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Old Faithful Inn is Awesome! Logs, logs, historic glass, and extremely outgoing and accommodating staff... I had several meals here and all were great experiences. Come here to linger with family/friends. I suggest planning ahead for the Old Faithful Inn. Note that the Old Faithful area has two other lodges that each have their own atmosphere and different food. The Old Faithful Ski Lodge is the newest and has a restaurant with better beer and food options. The Old Faithful Lodge has a cafeteria.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Excellent red pepper gouda soup, and salmon appetizer were very good, food certainly acceptable. Very busy though. Next time we will slip into the "Bear Claw" the bar attached to the dining room, but off to the side, for our sandwich and a bit of quiet

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We ate dinner at the Old Faithful Inn dining room last week. We had a 8:15 reservation and were seated right on time. Our waiter was really nice and helpful.

I went outside my comfort zone and ordered the pasta & chicken special. A few minutes later the waiter (who by the way sold me on the special) came back apologizing because the kitchen was out of the special. That's what I get for trying something different. I changed my order to the steak. While it was nothing 'great' it was good. My bride had the same and enjoyed it.

As a way of apologizing for not having the special the waiter offered us free desserts. I passed but my bride had the crumb cake with huckleberry ice cram. She loved that.

Overall it was a good diner

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We enjoyed an excellent "Signature" buffet dinner, good value including soup and salad, main course of rare beef rib (a second helping was a no-brainer) with vegetables, and pudding (apple crumble by another name). You can get a decent espresso on the balcony upstairs (with a view of Old Faithful Geyser), but it's a pity that it's served in paper cups.

The building is worth a visit in itself, with a huge timber atrium and stone chimney like something out of Harry Potter.