“No one goes to Yellowstone for the food.”

Roosevelt Lodge Dining Room
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We ate at the restaurant twice while staying at the lodge. Dinner was not very good. We had to wait nearly two hours and the food was uninspired. We were told it would be a 20 minute wait. If we had known it would be 2 hours we might have taken a drive through the Lamar Valley and come back. The food was not terrible, but also not worth the cost or the wait. The setting is nice, and the staff were very friendly, but on my next visit I will consider making other arrangements for dinner. Unfortunately, the park service has granted Xanterra a virtual monopoly on all concessions, and I truly believe this has harmed the food service at Yellowstone. But then of course, no one goes to Yellowstone for the food. To be fair, we also had breakfast at the Lodge, which was a much nicer experience on nearly every level.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

How cute the cabins are outfitted with wood burning stoves and tucked next to a little stream. Great place to stay and can't beat the price. Book early! Beds are doubles, but we had three beds so my tall husband had his own bed and it worked out perfectly. Food at the lodge was "eh". Dont get the mystery meatballs.

Great location to go out to Lamar Valley early in the morning. Wish the cafe or store was open earlier for coffee so without being able to heat water, we had to wait for them to open.

Next time will stay at least 2 nights instead of just the one.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here while touring the park.  There was a wait, but they seated us faster than they predicted.  The food was tasty (the cornbread was awesome), and the service was friendly and efficient.  The bill was not cheap, but not expensive either.

We'd not hesitate to stop here again.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Although the decor of the Lodge is worth a view, the food wasn't anything to write home about, except that it was pricey (as most of Yellowstone is). Staff were relatively attentive. However, I had a bellyache afterwards, so not inclined to recommend it.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family and I spent a little over a week in Yellowstone on our vacation. Prior to arriving at Roosevelt, we were camping in Canyon and Madison for a week. Although we were loving the sights, we were overwhelmed with the amount of people and tour buses in the park. Roosevelt was a relief for us because it's located in a quiet corner of Yellowstone.

The cabins are cute, clean, comfortable and warm. The showers are free with your stay (after a week of camping and paying for our showers this was such a relief,) and towels are provided.

Wheelchair access is very limited in all area's of Roosevelt, so be aware of this when bringing wheelchairs or strollers.

Lastly, the dining room. The food is actually very good, I ate two breakfasts there, and I would recommend having the waffles. Although I didn't have a dinner at the lodge, I did smell what they were cooking.......and I would have KILLED to have some of it. Smelled delicious!