“Simply great”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The historic lodge is charming, the food excellent and not necessarily your standard fare, though they have that too and the atmosphere is lively and full of fun. Waiting for a table outside with a drink in a rocking chair is great fun too, all so relaxing, listening to people telling their stories of the day. I only wish we had known about this lodge before as we would have definitely stayed there. Next time for sure

2  Thank ZwarteGoud
There are newer reviews for Roosevelt Lodge Dining Room

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We ate at almost every lodge dining room during our 6 days in Yellowstone, and the Roosevelt Dining Room was by far our favorite. We ate there twice. It has AWESOME ribs (even on the kids menu)! All meals are served with unlimited corn bread and butter and honey. The menu has a variety of choices and is more "down home" food as apposed to "fancy food". And the service was by far the best we had in the park. For all the money we spent dining in Yellowstone, I wish all the dining rooms had been as good.

3  Thank J-ME-19
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stopped in while touring the park. There were interesting items in the gift shop. The food was ok, I'd say a little on the expensive side for the quality and amount. The servers were very nice.

1  Thank Timothy B
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a late lunch at Roosevelt Lodge after an early morning looking for wildlife in the Lamar Valley and a long ride on the Beartooth Highway. We arrived at 2:45 and had to wait around 15 minutes to be seated, but were given a beeper that buzzed when our table was ready. The lodge and dining room were beautiful and rustic with lots of logs and stonework making it feel cozy and welcoming.

I had a house salad with a very tasty huckleberry vinaigrette dressing and cheese quesadillas that were pretty good and came with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. I had iced tea and drinks are served in mason jar mugs which were a cute touch. My husband had a Wyoming cheesesteak that came with green and red peppers, onions, and jack cheese on a toasted marble roll. He pronounced it "excellent", and coming from the Philadelphia area, we've tried a lot of cheesesteaks over the years.

For dessert, I asked our helpful and friendly server, Maggie, if it was possible to have a small hot fudge sundae made with huckleberry ice cream and she brought me a "junior" sundae that was delicious and nicely topped off our meal.

Afterward, we enjoyed the view while relaxing on the porch in the rockers.

3  Thank LornaDune
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We discovered Roosevelt Lodge on our last day in Yellowstone and would stay there if we came back. Restaurant had a nice menu, lively bar and a beautiful porch with views of the Lamar Valley. Highly recommended.