“Rustic - felt like a kid at summer camp!”

Roosevelt Lodge Dining Room
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Huntsville, Alabama
“Rustic - felt like a kid at summer camp!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We loved our little rustic cabin! It was seriously tiny and barebones with no heat or running water. The little wood-burning stove kept us pretty warm, and the community bath house was adequate. It was the atmosphere and overall experience here that we loved. We also loved the proximity to the Lamar Valley, so we could get there early in the morning to watch for wildlife activity. We stayed in 4 places throughout the park, and this was our favorite!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank bjessi

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pleasant surprise after a long day in the park.”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stopped by for dinner on our way back from the Lamar Valley. Place was very busy but the service was still quite good & friendly. I had a Wyoming Cheesesteak, my wife had a BBQ beef sandwich and my kid had enchiladas. They were all quite good.

Next time I'm in the park I'm definitely going back.

1 Thank DeadGuyKai
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Food, Great Service, Very Accomodating”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have a ten year old daughter with food allergies, and traveling is difficult. And eating in Yellowstone National Park can be slim pickings, especially for her. So we were so pleased with the staff at Roosevelt, when we explained our situation to our server, and the chef came out to talk to us, went back to check ingredients, and then came back to finish our discussion. We found a few items my daugher could order, and they took special care with the preparation of her meal. And she loved the food there.
We all loved the food there. The corn muffins are complimentary (in place of dinner rolls), and the meals are delicious. We had several meals there, and most of the time I didn't have room for dessert. But the one time I did, that was enjoyable, too.
I wish I could find a Roosevelt Lodge near where I live. We'd go there often.

2 Thank imperidot
Waterbury Center, Vermont
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Don't miss a breakfast, lunch or dinner at this historic place, and the food is really good too. Visit nearby Lamar Valley for early morning wildlife viewing, and then head over for breakfast. Don't miss this historic spot.

1 Thank RangerBob204
Vashon, Washington
“Chili”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The chili is to die for. Wild game chili thick and rich like no other. Top it of with a little moose drool bear and you are in heaven.

Visited August 2012