“Don't Miss This”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We had breakfast at the Roosevelt Lodge. Quaint, rustic, no crowd, old west music and good food at a reasonable price. Best meal I had in YNP.

2  Thank Beth999

Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was a good meal. I had the shrimp taco, another had the Elk burger, and we all had the baked beans. The service is good, the food great. The buiding is small and rustic. Not a lot of room, so there is usually a wait. You need to eat here. Saw deer and black bear near the parking.

1  Thank coyotepack5
Reviewed June 25, 2011

On a cold June afternoon, we decided to take a lunch break at Roosevelt Lodge. We had read that it was one of the better eating places in the park. However, given that all the eating establishments are run by Xanterra, I couldn't see why it would be better than Canyon Lodge (which was poor). Nonetheless, while in the park, there aren't a lot of choices, so we headed in to avoid the rain. Well, so did everyone else. We received a buzzer for the wait and found a small table near the fireplace which was burning. The restaurant was packed, but turnover was fairly rapid, so all the tables where people were waiting kept getting rearranged.

When we finally got seated - 20 minutes,as promised - I got a nice, warming cup of hot chocolate and my husband got a cup of coffee. The waitress was pleasant and efficient and took our orders after we perused the menu. Afterwards, we heard the waitress at the next table telling them about the specials. No specials for us! Not that we minded, the specials didn't appeal, but I guess our waitress made an executive decision based on the crowded nature of the place. Similarly, once we finished our meal, she cleared our plates and placed our bill on the table. The table next to us was asked whether they were interested in dessert - no offer for us - that pesky, decision-making waitress again. Again, we were not interested - maybe she was just psychic.

The food was good - I had a taco salad, without any meat, although that was an option. I got my veggies for the day and it's been a long time since I had one of those. Overall, I enjoyed the lodge and would recommend it.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

Roosevelt Lodge opened the day we visited. Very efficient wait with beepers. Had the carnitas and they were tasty. Overall, this was the top service in the park. For a small dining room, they manage people well. I think peak season strains all the Yellowstone restaurants, so consider this one a star.

3  Thank maryc5249
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Our meals were pretty tasty - My husband had an elk burger and I had pasta with bison and elk meat sauce. The lodge itself is a great atmosphere. You can sit in rocking chairs by the fire or on the porch while you wait for a table or post-meal.

3  Thank marshian85