“Decent food, nice space”

Roosevelt Lodge Dining Room
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greensboro, Maryland
“Decent food, nice space”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

On a cold June afternoon, we decided to take a lunch break at Roosevelt Lodge. We had read that it was one of the better eating places in the park. However, given that all the eating establishments are run by Xanterra, I couldn't see why it would be better than Canyon Lodge (which was poor). Nonetheless, while in the park, there aren't a lot of choices, so we headed in to avoid the rain. Well, so did everyone else. We received a buzzer for the wait and found a small table near the fireplace which was burning. The restaurant was packed, but turnover was fairly rapid, so all the tables where people were waiting kept getting rearranged.

When we finally got seated - 20 minutes,as promised - I got a nice, warming cup of hot chocolate and my husband got a cup of coffee. The waitress was pleasant and efficient and took our orders after we perused the menu. Afterwards, we heard the waitress at the next table telling them about the specials. No specials for us! Not that we minded, the specials didn't appeal, but I guess our waitress made an executive decision based on the crowded nature of the place. Similarly, once we finished our meal, she cleared our plates and placed our bill on the table. The table next to us was asked whether they were interested in dessert - no offer for us - that pesky, decision-making waitress again. Again, we were not interested - maybe she was just psychic.

The food was good - I had a taco salad, without any meat, although that was an option. I got my veggies for the day and it's been a long time since I had one of those. Overall, I enjoyed the lodge and would recommend it.

Visited June 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great meal and service - even on opening day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

Roosevelt Lodge opened the day we visited. Very efficient wait with beepers. Had the carnitas and they were tasty. Overall, this was the top service in the park. For a small dining room, they manage people well. I think peak season strains all the Yellowstone restaurants, so consider this one a star.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank maryc5249
Chicago, Illinois
“Second-best Dining in Yellowstone”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

Our meals were pretty tasty - My husband had an elk burger and I had pasta with bison and elk meat sauce. The lodge itself is a great atmosphere. You can sit in rocking chairs by the fire or on the porch while you wait for a table or post-meal.

• Visited June 2010
3 Thank marshian85
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Better bet in Yellowstone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

One of the better restaurants we visited in Yellowstone. Not too big, so you may have a little wait, but food is good once you get seated. Pulled pork sandwich was excellent.

2 Thank DCTerry
Huntsville "Rocket City", Alabama
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

Great service, very polite & friendly staff, delicious food, reasonable prices, OUTSTANDING & historical building! We had several meals there and they were all great. The "Blueberry Pancakes" have to be the best deal. The windows, the giant logs, the intimate dining room & the different sizes front porch rocking chairs just add to how good the food is.

2 Thank sudorob