“What a view!!”

560 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 436 helpful votes
“What a view!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2010

The scenery here is wonderful - views of the waterfalls a must. I just wish we had more time so that we could have hiked to Higher and Lower Falls.

1 Thank manswa

96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Very nice”
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Need to stop and see this view, incredible. The scenery here worth your stop

2 Thank tleeEvans
MD
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Can't Miss”
Reviewed October 23, 2009

The Grand Canyon is aptly named - Grand. Spectular views that change with the day light, great hiking, photo ops galore, and some challenging climbs. Don't miss Artist's Point and definitely do Uncle Tom's Trail. It's hard coming up but there are frequent resting points. Just Do IT.

3 Thank KBLMD
Redondo Beach, Ca
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The Grand Canyon of YellowStone”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We went on our trip to Yellowstone National Park in December, cold winter. Most vistors to Yellowstone say you should see it in the summer or spring first. Only because if you see it in winter you seen it at it's best. Our trip was amazing! We saw so many animals inthe lemar valley and the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone on our first day that most people don't see in a lifetime. I have to say it wass quite cold, about 13 below zero and that was before the wind kicked in. But the land looks so clean & beautiful that my 10 year old still keeps talking about it. On our early morning out to see the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone we saw a pair of snowshoe hares, then a pack of howling wolves on the way back the ravens were circling over head which alerted out guide that there must have been a kill by the pack. Sure enough, they wolves killed a big buck deer and now a huge black grizzley bear was claiming the remains of it. I thought bears hibernate for the winter? Not if there's enough food around. With the wolves killing enough this black grizzley was not sleeping. What a spectular site! This animal was magnicifient! This was just one of the high lights of the trip. We also saw tons of Bison, Elk, Red tailed deer. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone. the hotel there however, The Mammonth Hot Springs Hotel is a no frills place. There is no tv in any of the rooms, they tend to be a bit cold too. We had stuffed extra socks in the window to help keep the drafts out. But your not there for the hotel. I'd recommend this experience to anyone. Oh not to mention the grand canyon, and terraces. The colors from the thermal activity was beautiful. We truly have some of the most amazing sites right here in the US.

5 Thank ZipLine07
Hopkinton, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The Most Amazing thing I have ever seen!”
Reviewed October 11, 2009

In my life I have never seen anything as amazing as the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. In June of 2007 I was with my friend and her 10 yr. old nephew on a tour of Yellowston, Grand Tetons, etc. While at Yellowstone we were at the entrance of the Grand Canyon walkway. They had gone ahead of me while I went back to the car to get something. While I walked slowly knowing I'd catch up with them soon, I turned the corner of the pathway and looked over to my left. I could not believe what I saw--it was like I was in another world. I remember saying outloud, "WOW!" and a woman behind me said, "I couldn't have said it better!" It was absolutely beautiful--I was mesmerized! You just never would think you were still in the United States--to this day it is my absolute favorite place in the world!

6 Thank Punkala