“Different park”

$65.00*
and up
Yellowstone Lower Loop Self-Guided Tour from Cody
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited a few different National Parks, but geysers were just something you don´t expect to find middle of the pine forest. Geysers were very pretty and mysterious, but the best thing is that you can see real wild Bison´s.

1  Thank Anu P
in 6 reviews
"cauldron"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very impressive to see the 'Old Faith full' Geyser active every hour! i love the Bison's walking around it is my favorite park!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Whilst visiting my daughter in Montana, we spent the day in nearby Yellowstone Park. We saw "Old Faithful" and various many-hued mud pools, several elk, & my personal favourites, the American bison. We saw several of those but 2 were very close up, big males, that we just watched, with our mouths hanging open! They are neither multi-coloured nor sleek & graceful but they are beautiful in their own way and certainly awe-inspiring.
PLEASE - if you are lucky enough to visit a place like Yellowstone, DO NOT APPROACH, HARASS, OR IN ANY WAY ANNOY THE ANIMALS. They are very big & very wild & THAT IS THEIR HOME, NOT YOURS! I have seen parents & teachers even encourage their children to try to pet these delightful beasts. This is a wonderful place to go & see Nature in all her glory --- BUT IT IS NOT A PETTING ZOO! Please act responsibly so we all can continue to enjoy this gorgeous place for years & years to come. Thank you!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Okay, since I couldn't select the whole park, I picked this part of it. But the whole park is stunning! Much of the promotions aver that Yellowstone is the "oldest and best." It's the former by timing, the latter by what it offers. Certainly the geysers, including that timely fellow "Old Faithful" are awe-inspiring. The falls and the canyon are pure beauty. But for us, the highlight was when we were fortunate enough to be first in line as buffalo crossed the road in Hayden Valley. And one bull reminded us who the park really belongs to. He forced me to back our car up after giving us his best Travis Bickel "You talking to me?" stare. Then, for emphasis, he sharpened his horns on a post on the other side of the road. Hey, Travis! It's your park! I'm just a visitor.

1  Thank babyboomer66
See more reviews
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We planned our trip to Yellowstone so that it would be less busy, so we packed our bags for Sept 1. The ranger told us that the 'shoulder' season no longer exists and the park is pretty much busy year round. (except for winter when its roads are closed) - I say this to remind you that there is also a dry season. And that is July-Oct, when little rain falls. So when we got to Mud Volcano the first information sign we saw said that when its dry, the mud dries up and you see a lot of steam. Spring is the time when its raining and the mud holes fill up and bubble. There were still a number of mud bubbles to see but I would expect that in the spring or early summer they are much better than in the beginning of September when we went.

1  Thank Slvrscoobie