Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dunraven Lodge(Yellowstone National Park)
View Hotel
Cascade Lodge(Yellowstone National Park)
View Hotel
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins(Yellowstone National Park)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewswood stovelamar valleyrough rider cabinsrocking chairschuckwagon dinnerbisonpicnic areabed cabinwildlife viewingshort walkhour horseback ridefront porchpublic bathroomscowboy cookoutold faithfulan extra blanketcanyon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2013

After two weeks of camping my family and I were completely ready to sleep on a real bed. And that is precisely what we got at Roosevelt. Three full-sized beds, bathrooms nearby (clean showers too.). The room has chairs, a table, and a small wood stove (wood included.). If you don't have time or space to cook a meal, the lodge can supply you with a hearty meal and drink.

There is a small amenities store on location, but other than that there aren't a whole bunch of buildings in Roosevelt. This is actually very nice if you are coming from the old Faithful or Canyon areas, where thousands of people are staying. It feels good to get away from so many crowds and get some peaceful time in with nature. Which reminds me..... There is no available wifi at Roosevelt. Not even for the employees, so make sure you check trip advisor one last time before you check in!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank maxine l
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I reserved our Frontier cabin 13 months in advance. We were so grateful to get away from the crowds at the Old Faithful Inn. We loved our little cabin. The beds were comfortable and we had heat, a bathroom and desk. The location is perfect for viewing the wildlife in Lamar Valley and for fishing in the Yellowstone River -although I was told that the Lamar River is better for fly fishing these days.
The Lodge food was very good (highly recommend the ribs and the wild game nachos) and we enjoyed sitting on the porch in the rocking chairs and chatting with people at the end of the day.
It was one of the best vacations ever.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IrishVirginia
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We really enjoyed staying at Roosevelt Lodge. It was quiet, peaceful and not touristy like much of the rest of the park and its accommodations. We had a frontier cabin, which was a stand alone cabin with its own bathroom. It had 2 double beds, a nightstand, a desk and chair and a sink in the room. The toilet and tiny shower were in their own room. Our biggest complaint was the beds were terrible-- they sagged so badly that we didn't sleep at all well. The lodge itself was lovely, and we enjoyed sitting in the rocking chairs out front during the early evening. We took a walk down the road and saw bison hanging out in the pasture which was very cool! Despite the uncomfortable beds, I would definitely stay here again as the location was perfect for exploring wildlife.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lauri G
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Roosevelt Lodge itself is great- nice restaurant, great to congregate on the porch with the rest of my group members, and I can see why the ex-President liked it. But the cabin is tiny and very cold. In fall or spring, even with a fireplace, I can't imagine staying here. Ended up using my sleeping bag as an extra blanket, and this was in mid-August with daytime temps in the 80's. Be warned. This place might be better as a stop for lunch between better hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank A W
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This cabin was a shock to the grandchildren who couldn't imagine a place without a bathroom or television...heaven forbid!!!! We booked this cabin (and another for my daughter who stayed in a cabin right across from us) online, and the young lady, Ginger I believe she said her name was, was FANTASTIC. We put a task to her and she came through with flying colors. She really worked to find something we could afford. We stayed directly in Yellowstone Park in one of the Roosevelt Lodge cabins and the price we got was unbelievable! With our senior discount, we paid $69.00 - $78.25 with fees and taxes - and stayed right in the park! I couldn't believe it. Of course, like I said, we had no luxuries, but who cares? We were placed very close to the bathhouse, which is just like what they have in RV parks. We had two double beds, a little wood stove with materials for building a fire (and we needed it because it got cold that night) and a fan, which my grandson insisted we turn on until he woke up freezing his butt off in the middle of the night! This little cabin was very clean and I had no problem sleeping in it. I didn't like having to run outside (where there could have been a bear but there wasn't) to go to the bathroom at 6 in the morning but for the price it was worth it. We ate our breakfast on a picnic table very close to our cabin and it was a great experience. I would have no problem staying here again. (Not so sure about the grandkids!) :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family