“Excellent Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yellowstone National Park
Fishing Bridge RV Park
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We arrived at Fishing Bridge RV Park after a 539 mile drive from Lethbridge, Alberta. Needless to say, tired. The welcoming committee was terrific. They practically jumped over the counter to greet us...big smiles and very friendly. Certainly boosted my spirits! The site was nice enough, but small. I guess Xanterra sites are small in general...(the same was true at the Grand Canyon in AZ). Everything worked. We have a small 17' Casita Travel Trailer so our back in was no problem. No table for sitting out of doors. The only hitch was we thought we had reservations through the 2nd of August, but were checked in only through the 1st......no problem though....we had to move to another spot for our last day....but it seemed to be better spot, back-in.....but still no table. For the amount of time we spent in the trailer, none of this really mattered...we were gone for most of the day touring and hiking and getting into bison jambs.....so much fun... We certainly would stay here again in the future. Centrally located in the Park. You do need a hard sided camper or RV. No tents or fabric pop-ups allowed in this site due to bears...sorry...we didn't see one the whole time in Yellowstone! Bummer!

Room Tip: First stay was in the "D" section. Our one night was in the "E" section is a bi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 2NPTravellers

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family of 6 stayed here for two days. The staff and everything is to be expected. Nothing really to say negative, it was a standard RV pull in and hook-up kinda place. No table just a parking spot with hookups. The sewer hookup was elevated from the ground and in my novice ability I had a little trouble, so the second night I didn't bother to hook up the sewer. Location is great right in the center of the figure eight.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kleimy
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was surprised to have the available of full hookups in Yellowstone, but am thankful they are there! These are NOT spacious sites by any means, and unless you set up your lounge area in front of your camper, you could be breathing on your neighbor's dinner. For this reason, I'm rating the sites as poor, as privacy is lacking, and if that's important to you, you won't be comfortable. There are no picnic tables at the sites - FYI. It's also has hundreds of sites, but noise didn't seem to be an issue. My kids really enjoyed playing in the trees between groups of campsites. The best reasons to stay here are convenience of full hookups and the central location in Yellowstone. I'd stay again just for those two reasons alone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank maddiemae81
Reviewed August 6, 2013

After reading all the other reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. We were checked in promptly and courteously by the friendly and knowledgable office staff. We were in a 36' motorhome towing a vehicle and found our campsite easily. In order to avoid congestion at the main entrance, we were told to unhook our tow vehicle on the road in front of our campsite. I was concerned that we would be blocking access, but it didn't turn out to be an issue. The campsite was easy to maneuver into, and there was more than enough room for the motorhome, two slides, awning, and our tow vehicle on the site. There was also plenty of room for chairs and a portable table (as there aren't tables available at the sites). I was pleasantly surprised to find 50A service, as for some reason I didn't think that was available. Hookup was fast, despite the strange elevation of the sewer connection. I'm sure there's a reason for the way it's set up, but again, it definitely wasn't an issue. If you bring a satellite dish, it may be difficult in some spots to get a clear view, but we found a "crack" and had service. Some sites are better than others.

We were also concerned about the notorious mosquitos, but we didn't experience ANY!!! We were there for 4 nights from July 28th to August 2, and didn't have to smack one mosquito. Again, a very pleasant surprise!

My wife used the laundry facilities and found plenty of machines available and in good shape. The office staff was very helpful and pleasant and we ended up leaving 2 days early and received a hassle-free refund to our credit card.

I would recommend this RV park again to see Yellowstone. It's centrally located, and was a great base for our adventures.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 18billg
Reviewed July 30, 2013

After reading so many reviews of Fishing Bridge I was resolved for an RV park experience. We are more rustic camping types and would have opted for Madison or Canyon had they have been available. That being said we were pleasantly surprised. Yes sites are close beside you and behind you too, BUT there are trees between most sites that grant a bit of privacy. This is a great location in the park especially for visiting the NE section. It is clean, secure and set in an amazing National Park so enjoy all the ammenties! We stayed in a 25ft trailer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kay B
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed in this RV park because it is the only one inside Yellowstone that has hook-ups and space for a 30' RV. We had intended to stay for 3 nights but cut our stay short. The sites were too small and close together , no fire pits and no picnic bench. The shower block was a good 1/4-1/2 mile away (located in the main entrance building) so by the time I had walked back to the rv, I needed another one .Also , we were only allocated 2 'shower tokens' per night , as there were 6 of us we chose to use our own in the rv rather than pay for 4 more. On the plus side, the toilets(dotted around the site) were clean enough. If I were to visit Yellowstone again in an RV I would definitely not stay here, I would stay outside the park and hire a car.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mungomini
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This centrally located camp site is in good condition inside Yellowstone. Sites are close to each other so be prepared to have the same experience as those next to you (and for us that meant a loud party on our second night) but otherwise it's quiet with lots of tall trees. At the checkin site they have showers although during a busy summer period you may have to wait in line, but the water is hot and the showers are private. You get one shower per person per day and can pay for more if needed. They also sell a few needed items there, but the store is very close by and is well stocked with a grocery store and deli as well as the usual tourist goods. The one issue we had was lack of cell service but they just announced they will put one in for use by 2014 season.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple