“My spot was fantastic, and I got there after 8p!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yellowstone National Park
Bridge Bay Campground
San Jose, California
“My spot was fantastic, and I got there after 8p!”
Reviewed July 19, 2009

I got to the campgrounds after 8pm with my girlfriend. Friendly check-in and a thorough debrief on rules and regs for the campground (mostly about fires and bears). We were put in the A-35 section (basically, it was the end of the cul-de-sac in a forested area). We love the fact that we got put tward the end because it was in the forested area. Campground was extremely clean. Bathroom and spigot (where you get water from) was a 1 minute walk. After 930p, it got extremely quiet which was nice. Too bad there was a baby next door. Although there was no view of the bay we didn't care because we were gone most of the day. All campgrounds come with a picnic table and a firepit. Most people had a fire going on at night but cooked their food with their own portable stove. Bathrooms were way better than I expected with toilet seat covers and toilet paper. Showers were $3.25 a few miles away with unlimited hot water. I highly recommend this campground. Enjoy your stay

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank simcity17

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Minnesota
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Quiet, clean, good central location for touring the southern loop of YNP, friendly & informative service, close to resteraunts & gas & showers, can't beat the price, and still in the wild. We loved it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Long Beach
Reviewed July 12, 2009

The first reviewer really said it perfectly. I referred to that review prior to booking my spot in Bridge Bay. Depending on where your camping within the grounds can really make it or break it. I requested the most secluded woodsy area, so thank heavens i got it. I camped in a Travel Trailer in Loop B. Not the deepest in out of all the loops, but still had great views of the lake the farther back your site sat. I stayed in section 94B. This is the woodsy area and was so secluded and private, we even had a sectioned off fire pit and table within the woods, perfect! There are only a few that sit in the back with this type of seclusion for this loop, the forest is behind you. The rest in Loop B are all set out in the clearing in the middle. Down below everyones crammed together and facing one another, no privacy and separation. So if your going to bridge bay, be sure to request a private woodsy area or you may be sorry. I'll post the pics as soon as i download the images, I've got photos to share with the secluded spot and the clearing to help show.OH, and do pack warm, days are nice but mornings and evenings pack a cold bite!! So dress with winter in mind at night!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank SydneysMommie
Aubrey, Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2008

Bridge Bay Campground has a split personality. If you camp in the right section, it's a great campground. In the wrong part, though, it could be an unhappy experience.
Loops A-D are located near the entrance to the campground and away from Lake Yellowstone in a cleared area. Campsites there have little if any shade and no view of the lake. The other loops are located in the pines and some have great views of the lake.
I tent camped at site #280 in Loop F. The attached picture shows the site and the view. Other sites in Loop F, G, and H would have similar views if they are near the lake. A general map of the campground can be seen at www.us.national-parks.net/bridge.htm
The campground has restrooms and cleanup facilities for each loop, but no showers. That wasn't a big problem for me as I just stopped at Canyon Campground for a shower when going by there. The store in the marina wasn't as well stocked as the one at Fishing Bridge. For people who prefer to have a hot breakfast on a cold morning but not do the cooking, the countertop service at Fishing Bridge is just a few minutes away, as is the dining room at Lake Hotel. Bridge Bay campground can be reserved in advance.

• Stayed August 2003, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank texhills
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 7, 2008

We were there when it was way too cold to be camping. I'm sure it is much more enjoyable when the temperature is above freezing.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank mocelery
Roundup, MT
Reviewed August 27, 2003

My husband and I really enjoyed the campground at Bridge Bay. The campground is located right across from Yellowstone Lake and has a marina, store, and boats to rent. There is also a lake cruise available and the campsites were shady and plentiful. Enter from the east over Sylvan Pass and you will be a few miles from Bridge Bay. Great place!!!

56 Thank Roundup_MTRoundup
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yellowstone National Park
Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Cabins
Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Cabin...
#2 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Old Faithful Lodge Cabins
Old Faithful Lodge Cabins
#5 of 17 in Yellowstone National Park
Pahaska Teepee Resort

Been to Bridge Bay Campground? Share your experiences!