“Fun family experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yellowstone National Park
Bridge Bay Campground
Katy, Texas
“Fun family experience!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our family traveled in a class C RV and were on loop B. I was hesitant to camp here since there were no hook ups but it turned out to be the better deal. The spot with full hook ups at fishing bridge was basically in a parking lot with no room between RVs and no place for kids to play. Bridge Bay had a large area that had good green space for kids to play and to walk our dog in between campsites and an easy walk to lake to go fishing. Generators were only allowed from 8 AM to 8 PM so you have to plan accordingly. The bathrooms were clean and loved the dishes washing station at each one. There are no showers (closest are pay showers at fishing bridge) which didn't affect us since we had an RV but that was tough I'm sure for tent campers. There are laundry facilities at fishing bridge and they were priced about par for most laundry facilities. There were plenty of washers and dryers available for my six loads plus more open ones. The dump station was conveniently located and rarely a long wait. There were fire grates to cook next to each campsite which we used almost every night. We also had some buffalo visit us each night at our campsite which the kids loved (the dog did not)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Txmomtomany

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were lucky to book a tent site for 3 nights via a last minute online reservation. When we arrived the site was right next to the restroom, which we had hoped to avoid when filling out the criteria during the reservation process. We requested another site and the Xanterra staff were very helpful and found us a better & quieter site in the same H loop for 2 nights. We really liked H Loop as it is in the trees and limited to tents and smaller trailer types hard sided units, which resulted in very little noise from generators. Anyway, the facilities were well tended, the staff there very friendly and a quiet campsite (as opposed to the traffic noise at our next site in J loop at Grant Village a couple of nights later). We would definitely go here again and recommend it.

1 Thank dblb1407
Irmo, SC
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights in June after being at Canyon for 3 nights. The location is not great compared to staying at Canyon. We were in the B loop up on the woods. We were in a great spot for the B loop. Most of the B loop was out in the sun and more "commercial" like. You are not as crowded as commercial campgrounds, but you do not have any privacy in most of the spots here. Check in went fine for us. Staff wasn't as friendly, but the process went fine. The bathroom is in the center of the loop and was a little walk for us. It was clean though. No showers at Bridge Bay. You have to drive to Fishing Bridge and pay a fee (like $3 each). The showers at Canyon are much nicer. Fishing Bridge showers are small and it was crowded in there. We liked the campground at Bridge Bay, but I like Canyon better and will return there next time we are in Yellowstone.

Abilene, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We camped for 4 nights in mid-June. We had a pop-up camper, so we couldn't do a tent-only loop. We were assigned site A10 upon arrival, I think it was (A loop). We got to camp (literally) about 2 feet away from the RV monster next to us. 2 tiny trees on our site. No privacy, and no real view. If Xanterra would let you choose your site, my review would certainly increase. Some sites aren't so bad, but nothing around us was nice. Was I supposed to whine about our site and beg for another one? I didn't try. Wish I had known what to do. My wife used to love Yellowstone, but this soured her on it big-time. It didn't help that we froze to death our last night (low of 27 and windy!) Bathroom was okay.

2 Thank pennypincherTX
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Ok we stayed here last year and I wrote a great review. This year not the same experience. When I checked in the person checking me in was rude to start. He acted fine with the other ones in front of me but then I also noticed that the other people were older in age so maybe they did not like that we were younger. When I requested our same spot as last year, explained that they did not have that area open and that they were putting all campers in the open area in the front. When I asked how long they knew they were going to do that they could not answered. I then asked why didn't they notify us that we couldn't be in the same spot so I could have made other camping arrangements and they stated that was to hard to call everyone that makes reservations. We then got our spot......and I should have guessed it, but we got the spot right across from the registration window. It was so loud. You could hear every car drive by and the view sucked watching people drive in and out of the camp. They don't care about you, you are nothing but a $ sign to them. The place is so popular that they don't have to worry about their customer service. It's sad. If this would have been my first trip I would have never gone back nor would I tell my friends to go here. Pick another campground if you can.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TheChad6266
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I read a lot of mixed reviews and was quite worried after booking. We got a great site (if you are tenting ask for one of the tent only loops). Our site was quiet and overlooked the water. We could hear cars go by but it wasn't at all that loud. Our site was very large, close to washroom. If you are camping in June dress warmly!! It got VERY COLD at night!
The volunteer site police come through regularly, and if you leave your site for 2 mins to go to the washroom and the fire is going even slightly or your cooler is out, they lecture you. (and believe me I literally left for two minutes)
Overall enjoyed and would camp here again. Bring your own wood- it's pricey if you buy it there.

Room Tip: Campers ask for a treed site on a tenters only loop for the best sites.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zoodles23
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

As an individual who has camped in NH, but never this far west, camping at Bridge Bay Campground over Father's Day weekend 2013 was my first "western camping excursion". Upon entering the park at 6am, I saw that this was the only campground left in the park with vacancy, so I immediately traveled from the West Entrance straight to Bridge Bay Campground. I found the campground very easily and was pleased to find vacancy for the night (camping in Yellowstone can be very difficult due to the limited number of tent sites - - especially over a holiday weekend!).

The campground is massive! It has many different loops and I was lucky to get a site in loop G which is high up in the campground and more rural than some of the alphabetically earlier loops. The tent sites are rather small, but it was okay as it was just me camping in a compact one person tent.

There was an amphitheater with evening programs, an area to purchase tickets for a scenic cruise of Yellowstone Lake, and a country store right on the campground property. I would highly recommend staying at this campground. It is a great place and certainly lots of fun!

Enjoy folks :)

Room Tip: Ask for a higher loop like F or G. Loop A and B are wide open - - no privacy whatsoever!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marci C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yellowstone National Park
Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Cabins
Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Cabin...
#2 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Grant Village Lodge
Grant Village Lodge
#6 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabi...
#1 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Old Faithful Inn
Old Faithful Inn
#1 of 1 in Yellowstone National Park
Lake Lodge Cabins
Lake Lodge Cabins
#7 of 17 in Yellowstone National Park
Pahaska Teepee Resort

Been to Bridge Bay Campground? Share your experiences!