“One of the Best Campgrounds That Can Be Reserved”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yellowstone National Park
Bridge Bay Campground
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Bridge Bay is handy since I can always get a reservation online even at the last minute. Plus, it is near Hayden and Pelican valleys for wildlife potential.

The registration personnel are extremely friendly and helpful. They take cancellations before 11am of your night reservation.

The easy trail to Natural Bridge is right out of the campground and a delightful discovery. It's also nice to walk down along the lake.

The evening ranger programs at the amphitheater are very professional, informative powerpoint presentations on a big screen. I've attended quite a number of them and they were all great! Take a flashlight, warm clothes, & something to sit on, especially if it has rained. They are well-worth it.

Except for some hidden gems in the upper A woods, loops A, B, C & D are most.y out in the open with no protection or privacy. With my tent in loop D, I watched some tents and vestibules blow down in the high winds as it is very exposed.

I had a grizzly bear in the meadow below my tent in June and have always had bison in the campground. I now sleep in my camper shell with those bison stomping around.

If you have a tent, request online one of the upper lettered tent-only sites, not D. Those upper tent-only sites are quiet and more secluded, some with views of the lake.

With my truck camper shell, I enjoyed staying in loop G, which has some nice back-ins that are private also with lake views. Loop H was very crowded when I was there and our sites were so close together I could hear snoring and belching in the night from both my neighbors!

Campers left cases of drinks, water containers, and lots of clutter out and I wish the hosts there would crack down more.

Room Tip: Request an upper loop
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank denalicat

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We spent two nights there in the end of July.
The camping is very spacious, very nice view, located near the Yellowstone lake.
The campground is located in a good location and can be reserved (G loop).
You can buy wood for fire and have a nice BBQ there.
The campground was clean and there was no noise from neighboring campers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Farhi23
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We spent 4 nights in F loop in late July. The camp site was fine and well maintained. The bathrooms were the cleanest I have ever seen in a campsite. They even had a dish washing station which was very helpful.

We rented the largest site available (F Loop) and privacy was ok, not great, but for Yellowstone it was better then I expected. I noticed when you first drive into the campground there was a large "field" with many sites all next to each other. No cover between sites at all.

I would not have been happy staying there, so make sure you get one of the larger more expensive sites.

The location is good for seeing the park...really no matter where you stay there is a fair amount of driving. The General Stores which are located at each camp site are fully stocked (even nice selection of wine).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Bill-Happy-Traveler
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I gave this campground two points. Once because it's located inside Yellowstone. One because you are able to make reservations ahead of time. Our campsite was located in a field so close to the next site we heard their intimate campfire conversations. Our water souce by the bathhouse was falling down with orange construction plastic wrapped around it. Staff do not take bear preservation seriously. There was one bear box available to about 14 campsites. Quiet hours are not enforced. I was honest when making reservations about the size of our tent camper and SUV. We could barley fit them onto the site. We stayed one night at Tower Falls campsite and I wished we had stayed there the whole time.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I along with my dog stayed at Bridge Bay Campground from August 11 to 15. This was our first camping trip as well as the visit to Yellowstone. We arrived about 45 minutes early and had to wait to make sure our campsite would be ready. I decided to drive through the front part of the campground, loops A-D. This was mixed with RVs and tents of all sizes. I was very concerned that we were going to be assigned a spot in this area even though I requested an upper loop tent site only as recommended by previous reviews. This might seem crude but the front part of the campground looked like a refugee camp. A nice refugee camp at least. It was seemingly crowded and very open, meaning no trees to provide some shade and privacy.

We had breakfast at a designated picnic area right next to the water before checking in and it was a nice area. After checking in, I was pleasantly surprised to be checked in the upper loop F tent site only. Each site has a table and fire ring and we used to each day we were there. Location of the campground is not bad either since we don't mind driving a bit to get to places. Showers and laundry area is at Fishing Bridge located about four miles away. It was $3.28 to shower with no time limit. There's a store in the Bridge Bay Campground where you can get basic necessities such as personal hygiene items, bread, milk, camping supplies, microwavable food, etc... You can also book boat trips as well as rent paddle boats.

If there were any downsides it would be the close proximity to the Grand Loop Road. You can notice vehicles as early as 4AM. It would be nice to have showers nearby but it wasn't that bad. There isn't a whole lot of room between the tent sites either but it's not like you're able to see in their tents either from your spot. So, mainly just minor inconveniences but there were NO mosquitoes(!) which makes up for it.

So, if you're a first timer to camping or are looking for a good camping location in Yellowstone, you should consider Bridge Bay Campground. If you are camping in a tent, I'd recommend upper loops F, G, H and I (in that order).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank dinot2000
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Wonderful value with large spaces that accommodate almost any size tent/rv. Very shaded and secluded and one of the quietist campgrounds I've ever stayed at. The only real drawback was that they didn't have shower and laundry there and you kind of had to drive a bit to get to them. Wonderful campground for a quiet trip with the kids.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank happycamper401
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We tent camped for 5 nights here and were very pleased. Our tent site (256) was medium sized and offered a decent amount of privacy. The down side was we were near restrooms and experienced some traffic at night. A short walk offered great views of Yellowstone Lake. A short drive and we were at a camp store, marina, Lake Lodge and the showers at Fishing Bridge.

From what we saw the lower loops have all the ambiance of a WalMart parking lot. Few trees and no privacy. The campers around us seem to have little experience. They were louder than most and seemed to have problems disposing of gray water in bear areas.

What stands out however, was the incredibly helpful staff. Easily the most helpful and accommodating of any camp ground anywhere. We twice extended our stay, and each extension required shuffling reservations to accommodate everyone. They easily could have said sorry, you will need to move sites. Instead they patiently went to work and helped us out.

I would also recommend if staying here to have a "sun downer" at the Lake Lodge.

Room Tip: Upper loops are so much better than lower.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Texsox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yellowstone National Park
Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Cabins
Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Cabin...
#2 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Grant Village Lodge
Grant Village Lodge
#6 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabi...
#1 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
Old Faithful Lodge Cabins
Old Faithful Lodge Cabins
#5 of 17 in Yellowstone National Park
Lake Lodge Cabins
Lake Lodge Cabins
#7 of 17 in Yellowstone National Park
Pahaska Teepee Resort

Been to Bridge Bay Campground? Share your experiences!