Ways to Experience Biscuit Basin
from $165.00
from $1,350.00
from $1,550.00
More Info
All reviews sapphire pool mystic falls biscuits old faithful thermal features nice stop mile hike firehole river an easy walk board walk the loop bison basin pools boardwalk spring yellowstone
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2019

Yet another of the smaller geyser/hot spring areas, biscuit basin has different character than black sand basin down the road. Sapphire Pool is gorgeous and there were some other deep blue beautiful hot springs here.
The parking area is small and if I recall correctly, there is no restroom or pit toilet, which surprised me at an attraction of this size. Even mud volcano on the other side of the park had facilities.
I'm going down a bit of a rabbithole here, but it seemed the east side of the park in general had more facilities (restrooms) than the west side. I wonder if it's because a pit toilet isn't possible on the thin crust of the west side in some places.
Anyway, pee ahead of time, and then enjoy this as it is well worth a visit.

1  Thank dreamspeaker
Reviewed July 2, 2019

It was a small area not to crowded and the views were simply beautiful. Definitely worth the stop, so glad we left our pet back at the RV, it is a park best observed without your pet. Everyone was respectful of the park boundaries.

Reviewed July 2, 2019

It is easy to pass up Biscuit Basin while driving by it. Don't do it. This area contains one of the most colorful attractions in the entire park - Sapphire Pool. Its blue waters are magnificent.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed June 30, 2019

Great walk around more hot pools. The Sapphire Pool is life very. I really enjoyed this short stop one afternoon. There are numerous thermal features a short drive from Old Faithful.

1  Thank Patricia J
Reviewed June 30, 2019

I think the Biscuit Basin area is overlooked by many people. Prior to spending time in the park I didn't read much about it. There is a boardwalk that takes 30 -40 minutes to walk, there are number of interesting geysers and hot pools adjacent to the boardwalk. We went early in the morning, only 1 other car in the parking lot and we enjoyed getting away from the crowds in the Old Faithful area. We also took the short hike up to Hidden Falls, the tailhead is well marked at the back of Biscuit Basin, this is a must do hikes for just about everyone including families. I'll put a separate review in for the hike and falls.