“Very accessible and worth it”
Review of Moose Falls

and up
Yellowstone Lower Loop Tour
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very accessible and worth it”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stumbled across this waterfall while driving from the Tetons into Yellowstone. It's a 5-minute walk from the road and offers some excellent vantage points for photography. It's a short hike down a hill to the base of the falls. Well worth the time.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Fred D

Omaha
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Moose Falls”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Moose Falls was beautiful and you can go right out by the water. We were looking forward to swimming in the waterfall after reading the reviews here. But when we visited in July (2013) all swimming at these falls was forbidden punishable with fines. Sounds like there was too many EMS calls. I can highly recommend swimming at the Firehole River Swimming Hole (14 miles north of Old Faithful)

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ADWM
Titusville
1,093 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,310 helpful votes
“Crawfish Creek/Moose Falls”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Coming from our day at the Grand Tetons we stopped at Moose Falls which is just a very short walk from the parking lot. I would have passed by without the information in Trip Advisor. The falls were strong and I was able to walk down to the creek and shoot pictures from the front. Note the beautiful Stone bridge behind the falls. Once again, Yellowstone outshines the Tetons.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank James H
Nashville, Tennessee
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great spot. Near south entrance. Stop and See”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

There is so much to see in Yellowstone, but my husband and I stopped here at daybreak one morning in September and the place was magical. When entering park from South, sign says "Crawfish Creek" when leaving the park sign says "Moose Falls."

Visited September 2012
4 Thank mturn2
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must visit for adventurous visitors to Yellowstone!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Lovely! The water was nice and fun to swim in. You can swim in behind the waterfall easily. This was my favorite part of our trip. Even my 3 year old enjoyed playing in the shallow water and watching everyone swim out from under the falls.

1 Thank Gwgym