“Relaxing but exciting drive!”
Review of Grand Loop Road

$305.00*
and up
Full-Day Yellowstone Wildlife Safari Tour From Jackson Hole
More attraction details
Owner description: A 140-mile scenic drive past some of Yellowstone's most famous sites.
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Anyone who knew me as a kid would have never convinced me I would have enjoyed something like a drive through a park! As a matter of fact, people who know me now have commented, "Your enjoyment of this trip surprises me!"

So if you like this sort of thing, you'll LOVE this one!

You just drive and get off wherever you want, see whatever you want to see and enjoy yourself along the way.

The only thing that was disconcerting to me is not having a handle beforehand of what I wanted to see. I could not find a good map until after I actually entered the park.

If anyone is interested in looking at a good map, I have scanned the one I got at the entrance of the park. Just let me know.

Enjoy the drive, take deep breaths and listen to the quiet!

4  Thank Felicia D

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Travelling around Yellowstone on this road (the only way to go-literally) is a magical experience. You can see mountains, lakes, trees, geysers and waterfalls from the road and its many scenic overlooks. Be warned-the traffic in Yellowstone can be heavy. The road is windy and you have to watch out for the wildlife. We easily spotted bison and elk literally at the side of the road. Awesome experience!

1  Thank Alice M
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Where else can you stay in your car and see all this? I tracked where we saw our wildlife while in the park and can say this park has the most to offer right off the beaten track (Grand Loop Road) than anywhere I've been before. Sunrise and sunset are best but the scenery is amazing no matter when you are on this figure eight in the park.

2  Thank AndiS77
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Just remember that travel in Yellowstone is time consuming. The drive is beautiful but start early so there is time for side hikes/other sight seeing

2  Thank JDavey8624
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We drove on Sunday so if there was any road work, we missed it. On our second day we drove from Canyon Village to West Thumb and then Old Faithful and the Geyser Basins and out the west entrance. We left at 6 Am - sunrise and saw elk herds, bison herds and deer. We did not see any bear. The road was well maintained and not crowded at this time in the morning and early afternoon.

2  Thank jephm