“Amazing lighting in the morning” 5 of 5 bubbles

$1,500.00*
and up
Yellowstone Lower Loop Full-Day Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: A spectacular waterfall located in Canyon Country.
Seattle, Washington
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Amazing lighting in the morning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I painted the falls from a postcard I found when I was 12 years old. Ever since then, I had wanted to see the falls in person. It took me 15 years, but I saw them. I highly suggest walking back the Ribbon Lake trail from Artist Point at least a half mile. You get great views of the canyon that is not from a lookout area (like it is on on the north rim). We went in the early spring before the crowds roll in.

BREATHTAKING!

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Lovely lovely!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Take Uncle Tom's trail and the brink traily and see this beauty! It is breathtaking! The view of lower falls with the canyon are wonderful.

North Little Rock, Arkansas
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Beautiful View, Steep Trail!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We spent our first day at Yellowstone in and around Canyon Village. My family decided to go down the trail at Lower Falls. Going down wasn't too bad, but going back up was a bit more difficult. There were benches or places to sit throughout the trail to take a break if needed. All our children (ages 3-9) had no trouble with the trail. The view at the bottom was well worth the walk. We could see the water pouring over the top of the waterfall, and there was still ice on the sides of the cliff. This was a great spot to see, but I wouldn't recommend the trail to my parents or anyone with health issues. There were still good views to see, even if you did not go down the trail.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jan S
Brisbane, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Put it on your agenda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Worth the time to have a look. Different to the rest of the park but a must-do. Try to go in the middle of the day as the low sun can be difficult for photos.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank GrahamLumley
Chinteche, Malawi
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Great view!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

One of my favorite places in the park!!! There are several view points along the south rim, and you can get some great photos here!!!