“Good for kids, but even better for adults.”
Review of Old Faithful

Old Faithful
Book In Advance
More Info
$65.00*
and up
Yellowstone Lower Loop Self-Guided Tour from...
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular geyser located in the Geyser Country region of Yellowstone National Park.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I first visited Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park when I was only 8 years old. I was interested and enjoyed it. However, visiting it many years later with my 24 year old son was much more meaningful. There is so much to learn about the park and the and so many fascinating sites to see; it was nice to see it with an adult who shared my interest in the features. We were actually able to take the time to read and learn about the abundant geological phenomena without having children (who can get pretty impatient) along. (I was the oldest of 4 when I first went, so we really sped through the attractions.) Plan on spending plenty of time; there is so much to see and wonder at in Yellowstone.
While your in the neighborhood, check out the Tetons. Gorgeous!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,948)
All reviews
in 49 reviews
"early in the morning"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I understand that everyone wants to see Old Faithful, but this was a JOKE! We knew we were getting close when we started seeing parking exits off the road out in the middle of nowhere. The parking lot is so huge I got lost! Didn't know where to park because there's this huge building blocking the geyser. I'm sorry - but I hope my other bucket list items aren't this disappointing! Glad we only spent half the day in this park - there were seas of people everywhere. I'll stick to my 3 acre backyard in small town Michigan! Not going back to whatever that was....commercialization anyone?

1  Thank Sheepish02
Reviewed March 15, 2013

It´s nice that you don´t have to spent all day to see it erupt. They know when it erupts, so if you have time you should check morning glory pool. It´s having very nice beautiful rainbow colors.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The visitor center is excellent. We walked on the boardwalk around the geysers. Parts of the path were icy and hazardous. Would not recommend walking with children or elderly persons.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Ever since I had learned about Old Faithful in Yellowstone Park when I was at school it had been a dream to visit it and when I did it took my breath away! I can imagine that during the summer months there would be crowds and crowds of people visiting the geyser but when we were there for one of the eruptions in the morning there were only five people milling about waiting for the eruption so it was beautifully quiet and serene with just the steam wafting up into the air as we waited. One could see wafts of steam all around from different sources of hot spring - there were bison nearby enjoying the heated air and the whole ambience was one of quiet anticipation. We could here the water bubbling and the steam getting more intense before the eruption and it was so exciting! When the eruption began it was stupendous! It got higher and higher with every burst. There were rivulets of bubbling boiling water running away and this magnificent plume of steam 40, 50 60 ffeet into the air - it was breathtaking! I forgot to use my camera I was so overcome with it all! We went back in the afternoon for a second look at it and if possible this time was even more enthralling. It certainly rose higher in the air and I actually remembered to use my video camera to catch it all for posterity and to show my envious friends and family that I had actually made a dream come true! Go and see it - its amazing!

1  Thank CumbrianPeppa