Book In Advance

More Info
from $260.00
More Info
2,677 results
All reviews fairy falls ground level midway geyser basin parking lot beautiful colors steam coming sunny day excelsior geyser old faithful board walk half mile vantage point different colors amazing sight hot water down the road parking spot
Reviewed July 13, 2013

There are three different things to be seen here - two rivers that separate and the colors they create - a large hot bubbling spring which is a beautiful blue - then you get to the Grand Prismatic - the colors are breathtaking. If you can, take the hike up the hill on the other side to see the view from above - WOW! If it is windy hold on to your hats.

1  Thank Debbie I
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had high expectations for this spring because all the pictures you see of it are so beautiful. Unfortunately, when we visited there was so much steam coming off of it that it was hard to see much.
We would have liked to hike behind the spring for a better view from above but did not have time and I still think the steam would have obstructed most of our view.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was one of my favorite spots in Yellowstone. I first stopped at the nearly fairy falls trail. You can detour off the trail and scale the mountain side for a different vantage. After scaling the mountain side, I didn't really want to stop at the crowded boardwalk to check out the grand prismatic up close. Boy am I glad I stopped. You can actually see the the first pool "gurgling" as you walk past and the colors are much more vibrant up close. If you like the color blue visit this spring. The pools change color depending on your vantage point- from turquoise to azure. It can get a bit crowded in the parking lot and along the boardwalk, so I recommend arriving early morning. My iphone 5 (with panorama features) worked great to photograph this yellowstone gem. Definitely a must see! Budget about 30 -45 minutes for this site, depending on how many photos you want to take.

2  Thank lhaganmich
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Yellowstone Park is a place where you are almost always saying "OOH" or "AH", but this place gives the most OOH-power imaginable. It truly is indescribable in its beauty. And this old man climbed almost to the top of the Fairy Falls mountain, carefully and slowly. There are no words to describe it adequately up there. Simply no words. I simply sat and stared.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is by far my favorite stop in Yellowstone. I would go back just to go visit the Grand Prismatic Spring again. I need to wait till my kids are a little older though. I'd really like to hike around more to find a better place to take pictures. Awesome place!