“Seems Inexpensive, but...”
Review of Lake Hotel Deli

Lake Hotel Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We ate here thinking it would be a little less expensive, but you get nickel-ed and dimed .Sandwiches and drinks for four ended up almost $50.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This used to be a small cramped place to get soda and chips. They renovated and their use of glass and expanded space allows it to accommodate visitors to sit and eat. The soup, sandwich was good. The desserts are very expensive but excellent.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Limited selection with slow service $2.95 for Starbucks coffee. The wheat berry wrap had no flavor. When you picked the wrap up it came completely apart. We ended up trashing the wrap.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The deli area is located on the first floor of the hotel on the same end as where the restrooms are located. The food and drink options are what you would expect including sandwiches, snacks, coffee, juices, etc. Service was excellent and the food was good.

2  Thank 945945JT
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I came here hoping to get an easy to go meal before heading back to my hotel. Many items were not available, such as the chili and soup, and many other items in the window looked unappetizing. I ordered a sandwich on the menu and asked for it to be made without certain ingredients given dietary restrictions I have, and the server making my sandwich made a rude comment about my order right in front of me and in front of other customers. This was probably the rudest service I've received at a deli. I understand perhaps this individual server was ignorant and that cannot represent the whole establishment, but it really upset me.

The main point is that the food does not taste good. The sandwich lacked flavor and texture, I completely did not understand the side sauce, the quiche was so soft I couldn't remove it from the box to microwave without it completely becoming mush, and the lemon tart was basically a heap of straight cream with a strong lemon taste. On top of that the food was overpriced.

My brother opted to pick up his dinner from McDonald's instead and this is the first time I've been jealous of someone eating fast food. I wanted to also rate this place on Yelp but could not find it.

2  Thank goop333