“Great Hosts!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Seneca Falls B&B and Inns
yo
“Great Hosts!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Tony and John are great hosts at the meticulously well kept Manor House. Tony is truly a master of the kitchen for morning breakfast. His modest pride peeks through as he prepares a perfect four cheese egg soufflé or cinnamon/sugar waffles. Home made or locally acquired fruit jams, sauces, and compotes must be experienced. Ask Tony about his herb garden! The beds were extremely comfortable and the parlor was very inviting. Watching the turkeys in the early evening from the front porch provides the perfect end to two long days in wine country. Oh, and for advice on which wineries and eateries to avoid and which not to miss, Tony was right on the mark each time.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jetson Room (very cool). But, probably no bad choice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Even our tiny poodle loved John Morris Manor Bed and Breakfast in Seneca Falls NY. From the sheltered view of of Lake Cayuga seen while sitting on the porch swing on the large manor-style porch to the large variety of birds that flock to the feeders or the pack of seven deer my husband saw feeding in the wooded meadow behind all was just lovely. The old Victorian house is charmingly decorated and makes one feel a connection to bygone times. Oh, and the food for breakfast!! Everything fresh, delicious and plentiful I was collecting recipes to replicate what Tony served to us. He is quite a cook and host. What a serene and terrific weekend it was. We could not ask for anything more.

Room Tip: The yellow room is a good selection if bringing a dog as the door to the back is close by.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Tony is the best host. I called to book his B&B for my friend's birthday weekend. The minute I spoke with him on the phone, I knew the place was going to be great. Every room is beautifully appointed. We had a blast hanging out by the fireplace drinking wine and catching up. We were spoiled every morning with a thoughtfully planned 3 course breakfast that Tony made fresh from his kitchen. My friends and I all emailed each other the next week saying we couldn't have picked a better place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GG31513
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night. We were a bit worried about my food since I have a quite intensive list of food allergies, but the hosts were very attentive to our needs. While he and others had a 3 course breakfast, I had a delicious 2 course breakfast that left me more than satisfied. They were incredibly accommodating. The yellow room was adorable and we loved it! We had a private bathroom as well and it was perfect for us. If we ever go back to Seneca Falls, we're more than sure to stay here again! In fact we've already told others to go to this B&B if they're ever in the area.

Room Tip: The yellow room was very cozy and great if you want a private bathroom- it's a stand up shower w...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dru B
Williamsville, New York
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I went on line and tried to get a B&B for a weekend getaway with my husband. I must have called about 10 different places and they were all booked. I happened upon this little jewel by accident. I read the reviews (good and bad) but it looked to warm and inviting in the picture, I thought I would give it a chance. I am so glad that I did!!! Our host (Tony who is amazing) met us at the door and after talking to him for about two minutes, I felt like I knew him forever. He was sweet and fun and the most fantastic cook! The place was clean, cozy and Tony and John were the best hosts ~ Tony went out of his way explaining about the area, places to eat and shop and giving us directions, and when we came in at night he had a plate of Italian pine nut cookies waiting for us (I still need that recipe!!) We chatted about our kids and where we grew up, work, etc. and by the time we left we felt like we had made a new friend. Would we go back??? In a hearbeat, the breakfasts were to die for and the place was so nicely done. Don't hesitate, this one is hard to beat!!!!

Room Tip: We slept in the pool room - with the jacuzzi tub!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had a very relaxing stay at John Morris this past weekend. We were traveling with our 8 month old boy and I must say that the rooms are amazing soundproof. We called ahead to get the okay to bring our baby as many bed and breakfasts do not want children. Please always ask about children policy when making a reservation at a B&B as a crying baby can dampen a romantic weekend for other guests. Your hosts will generally know if it will be okay with other guests to have a little one around.

Both Tony (whom we had more interaction with) and John were friendly and quite helpful. They guided us toward good food, fun wine and delicious goat cheese. There were menus for local restaurants and they had printed directions from their place to various restaurants. Tony even entertained our little boy so my husband and I could eat breakfast at the SAME time on our last day as there were no other guests (so do not expect this but it was a very welcome bonus for us). The breakfast was great as well. One morning we had a strata (I had never had this before and really liked it) and another day was bacon and pancakes. Based on the food alone, I would recommend this B&B.

The house itself is quite comfortable and kept clean (not full of spiderwebs as some B&Bs are). We were in the Morris room which had plenty of space for our pack-n-play and other baby whatnot. And the shared bathroom is HUGE. One day of our stay was rainy, so we spent the late afternoon and evening in the parlor, ordered a pizza and relaxed. It was perfect for us.
And the dogs are very friendly and nice to pet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was the most unpleasant stay in over 30 years of going to B&Bs. The main host was completely unfriendly to us from the minute of our arrival. The first words spoken --in a nasty voice-- out of the host's mouth when I went to the kitchen for an early cup of coffee was "It's not done yet!" and then he very reluctantly "allowed" me to have coffee from the pot he brewed for himself. I truly felt that I had to slink around the place and try to avoid the host for fear of getting a nasty comment or reply to any question I might have. I thought B&B hosts are supposed to be friendly and accommodating to their guests, not be nasty and negative and basically unwilling to help meet their guests' needs.

The grounds outside were lovely but the common areas and rooms have are way past their prime. Grey and drab.

And watch out because there is NO WIFI, so no internet. (To which our host added why would we want need internet)...It made it impossible to check restaurant reviews or to find and map out routes for our bike rides.

All in all the our stay at this B&B ruined what was otherwise a beautiful early fall weekend in the Finger Lakes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls

Been to John Morris Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!