“best in the area”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was looking for a good place to eat in the Seneca Falls area. That is easier said then done. Everyone had good things to say about this restaurant along with the words "pricey." I guess for that area it would be considered pricey, but they have a 'tavern menu' that was very reasonable and the main menu was average price for a more upscale restaurant. The food was really good. Compared to all of the other places in the area is was nearly excellent. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for good food and something other than fried bar food although they have that too!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The evening was to be just a quick dinner, as we had driven much of the day and were tired. Dinner turned into a lovely event which started with their to-die-for bread basket. The pizza, duck and fish were all wonderful. Waiter was a nice young man who knew the area well and gave good advice....his name escapes me, but he had short red hair.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I arrived at the restaurant just as they were closing for lunch bUT they still managed to seat me. Lunch was done to my perfection and I didn't feel rushed.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I would give this a 3 or a 2 if it was in Boston or NYC, but for Seneca Falls it gets a 4. The food is good, not special, but a change from the usual burger and steak fair in the region. They are trying to be more sophisticated. That said, implementation could be a bit better. Had a filet which arrived sliced thinly and layed on top of the mashed potatoes and vegetables. Wasn't bad but wasn't what I expected and was overly spiced and flavored, with too much stuff mixed into the potatoes and vegetables so they became an unidentifiable slightly overcooked mash of cheese and sauce and green and white.

Ate at the bar, which was cosy and enjoyed the live music. Restaurant seating is a bit open and uninviting, too sparsely furnished and too big a space for the style.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We ducked into the chilly simplicity of the Hotel Clarence restaurant after a couple hours at the NPS museum sites. Hubby had a fried catfish sandwich with rawcut french fries. I had the beet and goat cheese salad and a cup of french onion soup. All items were very good, though not spectacular. Food came promptly. We were in and out of the restaurant in less than an hour -- which fit our time schedule. Josh, the wait staff was wonderful, even helped us locating a waterfall I hoped to visit later that afternoon. The only negative to the ambiance was that the front windows were covered outside due to construction making the restaurant somewhat dark. We'd eat there again.