“Forgetfulness Forgotten”

Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Seneca Falls
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Following a recent visit to the Seneca Falls Hampton Inn, a realized that I had left several items of clothing in the closet in my room. I called the hotel and they agreed to send the clothes to me. When I inquired if they wanted my credit card so I could pay for the postage, they replied that the hotel doesn't charge for that. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Seneca Falls

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Paid 269.00 during Wine Fest week. Room was ok but there were hairs in my shower. Gross. Informed the front desk and received an apology. Really?

The area is non descriptor. Nothing to right home about.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ivette R
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We all know what we get with a Hampton Inn...a decent 3 star hotel, nothing special, with a clean bathroom and a bed. This place is situated at an ugly intersection with a glorious view of a Taco Bell. It's a soulless, cookie cutter dormitory. The check in was efficient, the price horrible ($169) for a $100-120 room in my opinion. They make a huge deal that they clean the duvet covers and sheets between guests, even announcing said cleaning on sticky notes on the head-board and with signs in the elevators. So what? You're supposed to. What I truly wish they would do is amp up breakfast to something that's not served on an entire landfill's worth of styrofoam. The environmental impact of styrofoam is horrifying. Plastic and styrofoam, and rubber eggs with trans-fatty muffins, and a bowl of rotten bananas is not breakfast. It's crud.

I was pleased with the dinner recommendation from the clerk...downtown Seneca Falls is a short drive. I highly recommend that unless your stop is a brief waypoint, as it was for me, you look elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank cperrera
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton inn for a business trip. I was there for three days. They had a friendly staff ,clean rooms, nice breakfast but some noisy guests in the room above us. Called down to the front desk, they were responsive but the people who had kids upstairs were not! The parents were letting their kids jump off beds and they making tons of noise till well past 11 pm every night. We even tried thumping on the ceiling it got so bad....no fault of the hotel! The good news is that the place was clean, good bed linens and they had hot cookies waiting for us when we returned after a long day and they had a nice lounge breakfast area. The hotel also had a wal mart not far away which was helpful when of our group came down with an ear ache and she needed a heating pad and a prescription called in from her doctor. They also provided a spare toothbrush for one of our group who forgot her toiletry bag. We ended up staying at several other Hamptons Inns during the rest of our trip.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from noisy people!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank weberdeb
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband & I recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend getaway. Very pleasant stay, would recommend this hotel if staying in the Finger Lakes area. Staff was very friendly and willing to assist when needed. Lots of space in the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Ivy E
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My two children (12 and 17) and I stayed here for two nights last week. It's a relatively new Hampton Inn, and it feels like they're definitely pushing upwards, towards more of a high-end business-hotel experience. Very friendly staff, good room, super-comfy beds, nice pool, etc. We often stay at Hampton Inns, and this is one of the best.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Spritz735
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a fairly new hotel. The staff are first rate and strive to provide good customer service. We arrived prior to check in time, so the clerk gave us the Internet code to use while we were waiting, and found me when the room was ready. The room was lovely, large, plenty of available electrical outlets, and working blinds and curtains. The beds had crisp and clean linens. The television had a large selection of channels to choose from. The pool was large, heated to a perfect temperature, and clean. It also had what appeared to be a lift at the shallow end, which is somewhat unusual in hotel pools. While I did not visit the exercise room, from the pool it appeared to have an elliptical, a treadmill, a stationary bike, some free weights and some other machine.

The only reason I did not give this hotel a perfect score was the breakfast. The coffee was located near the front desk, which was no where near the food. In the warmers, there were precooked mini omelettes and bacon. Most Hamptons I have stayed at have more hot choices. The milk is in pitchers instead of individual milk cartons or a dispenser, I have seen both at other Hamptons. Also, when using the pitcher too much milk came out, making my oatmeal and coffee both too milky.

If they straighten out the breakfast issue, your stay there might well be perfect!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes

Been to Hampton Inn Seneca Falls? Share your experiences!