“Clean and Comfortable enough”

Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Seneca Falls
Reviewed August 20, 2012

A new hotel in Seneca Falls, stayed there with my wife 17-19 August. The front desk staff was friendly enough. Rooms are pretty standard, no information booklet in there yet, but I'm sure it's coming. The beds were very comfortable, pillows were nice. The only bad thing was the Air conditioner and mini-fridge were very loud. Pool and fitness center were OK. Breakfast however, sucked. I'm not a fan of hotel breakfasts but this one was really bad. First day, lots of bagels and bread but the toaster was broken, no coffee, and no milk. Second day we had a new toaster but no bagels and very little bread, no fruit, no milk, and no yogurt (other than kids yogurt) I think they were stocked in the back, it's just the one girl they had running breakfast got a little behind. Just all around a bad breakfast. Cookies at the front desk are a nice touch.

It is a little expensive for Seneca Falls.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 4 days in July. It was very clean, and had that new building smell. The service was excellent. Any issues we brought to the staffs attention were solved in seconds. There are two very small issues not mentioned in any other reviews. The first issue is that there is a city dump 2 miles down the road and although the smell never made it into the rooms or really even into the hotel, it was quite pronounced outside when the wind was blowing in the wrong direction. The other issues was that although the rooms are sound insulated the structure is not thick sound proof cement and does transmit some noise from heavier neibors above or deep loud voices. These minor issues are easily overlooked when you look at the overall experience. We would still strongly recommend this Hotel for anyone who wants to shop at the Waterloo Outlet mall.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our family of four stayed two nights at this quiet, clean, brightly-decorated hotel. It's a short drive from quaint downtown Seneca Falls and a stone's throw from WalMart. Our likes: fresh hot coffee available in the lobby at all hours; free breakfast (fresh fruit, make-your-own waffles), pleasant staff; three treadmills in the fitness center; fresh duvet covers (How often does the average hotel blanket get laundered?); and, overall, just the brand-spanking newness of it all. We didn't expect a Hampton Inn to cost so much ($200), but this place is far nicer than the average chain hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Hampton Inn in Seneca Falls, NY has only been open for 3 weeks and of course it's a great
place for travelers to rest. Everything is brand new, shiny, and sparkling clean,
I just got here and they've already called checking to see if everything is up to par.
The staff couldn't be more helpful. I would recommend this motel as I do any Hampton Inns.
The quality is always above standard.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a brand new hotel (as of July 2012), so the quality of furnishings, carpets, decorations, etc. is impeccable. Additionally, the staff is amazing. I travel constantly, and the staff here is one of the best I have ever seen. There was a minor problem in my room (the refrigerator didn't work properly) and they fixed it immediately. I also needed some medication shipped to me, and the hotel staff was able to refrigerate it for me until I could return to the hotel to pick it up. We stayed there for two nights, and by the end of our stay, each of the staff members could call us by name. The breakfast was great -- waffles, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, juice, breads, pastries, and cereals. I love the location because it was so close to the freeway. If I am ever in the area again, I would stay at this hotel.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here on the way to Saratoga Springs. We stayed here because I could not get a room in Geneva, our first choice. The location provided great access to the NY Thoughway and the Walmart across thes treet was helpful in picking up the thingsI forgot.

The hotel was very nice, brand new. Air conditioning unit was quiet. Bathroom spacious. Bed was very comfortable. Great night sleep.

I thought it was rather pricey for a hotel that really isn't near anything. I get that it is "the season" in the Fingerlakes, but still for a Hampton Inn, I thought it was high.

Our schedule prevented us from going to see the main attractions in Seneca Falls. But if I were back in the area I would choose Geneva and then just stop in at the Museums.

1  Thank Roni W
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We were excited to stay at a brand new Hampton Inn, and it had a "new" smell when we checked in - everything looked clean and fresh. However, it wasn't long before we found out that there were some kinks to be worked out in this property. First was the room key situation. The key was the new "swipeless" type, where you hold it in front of the door handle and it unlocks. We must have had our keys re-programmed at the front desk a dozen times - they would randomly stop working for access to our room, the vending machine room, and the pool. We couldn't get HBO, MSNBC, or Discovery Channel to work, and when we called down to the front desk we were told that it "had been a problem last week" but that she thought it had been fixed. Finally, we couldn't get logged on the internet through their hotel portal. We didn't bother to call down to the front desk, we just kind of shrugged and said, "... of course..." We had asked if the shuttle could take us to Cayuga State Park, 5 miles away, but that was No. (Local cab was $15). The room was okay, with fridge and microwave, but the door wouldn't stay closed on the fridge cabinet and it really seemed as though maybe shortcuts were taken with construction. The pool was serviceable - nothing special as far as size, and no whirlpool or sauna - and the pool towels were good, larger than usual. The staff was helpful and as always, the Hampon Inn free breakfast was great. Location is okay, on the outskirts of town across the street from a Walmart. Downtown Seneca Falls, a must-see beautiful little community, is a few miles away.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seneca Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Del Lago Resort & Casino
Del Lago Resort & Casino
#1 of 3 in Waterloo

Been to Hampton Inn Seneca Falls? Share your experiences!