“Manny is the man!”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Seneca Falls
Rhode Island
“Manny is the man!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Out here on the 4th of July weekend for work and everything was booked. Ended up finding this place and booked 5 rooms for myself and coworkers. The rooms are what you can expect for a non-chain motel but were clean and comfortable. We usually stay at a holiday inn or other hotel but given the time of year and last minute booking this place was acceptable. What made the stay great was the motel manager Manny. He was friendly and actually hung out with us both nights we were in town. Anything we needed he was right there with advice on where to eat, room upgrades, and all around good company. We travel a lot and never have I seen such excellent customer service. The price was reasonable for what we got but what really made the stay memorable was Manny. Thanks again for making a work weekend enjoyable for everyone in the crew. I would definitely come back here again because of Manny's welcoming personality and the value.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Very Clean motel. It doesn't look like much from the outside, ever hear, don't judge a book by its cover? This motel is a good example! The room was immaculate, fridge, coffee maker, microwave, and hair driver. The bathroom was very clean. Manny, the manager is also very nice :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank claire D
Wyoming, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Clean motel, moderately price, good location and friendly staff. Can't beat this motel for an over night stay. The manager "Manny" treated us like family, he even called after we checked in to make sure everything was okay with the room.
We would stay here again.
Joe C.
NEPA

Room Tip: Try the jaccuzzi rooms, we did not know about them until after we checked in. Very nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is a nice clean motel. I had a little problem getting the a/c to work. This was not the fault of the motel it was me. The owner came right over and resolved it. With the fact he had other customers, we were treated like the only ones. We stayed two nights May 20, 21 and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This Motel is exactly as you would think when seeing it from the road.
Not the Holiday inn but serves the pourpose.
It is foreign owned but the owner is nice.
We rented the whirlpool room so thats all I know about.
Rm 33 I believe. Stayed in December 2011 overnight 1 night.
Pros:
Clean
No foul odors as some motels have.
Comfortable bed
Clean refrigerator
Nice whirlpool bath not top of the line but nice and large enough for 2.
Seperate bathroom with small shower.
Blow Dryer in room.
Owner was nice and accommodating.
Quiet, Was December and definately not full so cant vouch for year round.
Price: For around $80.00 with whirlpool. Cheap enough.
Bath towells 2 for shower and 2 for Whirlpool. Washcloths 2 in bathroom.
Had a small bottle of low foaming bath soap for the whirlpool. Nice touch.
Local cable stations decent selection.
Didn't notice a musty smell in this room.

Cons:
You want ice, Owner gets it from his fridge doled out in small bucket.
Bathroom floor was tiled and never got warm the whole stay. coooold! again it is December & Western NY.
When we arrived the heat was off and the room was cold. Combination ac and heat wall unit under window.
We checked in turned on the heat and headed to a family get together.
Room was comfortable when we returned several hours later.
Not sure how long it would take if you were in the room waiting for heat. I suspect half to 1 hour. (Part of low price is dealing with this and understanding)
Extra roll of toilet paper was stored on floor next to toilet.(Unsanitary)
2 bars of Cheapo brand soap and 1 small tear open pack of Shampoo enough for 1 person.(I would say typical of small private run Motels)
We always bring our own anyway.
Shower, Small phone booth sized but adequite.
Shower water temp was just warm, No hot shower here likely a setting The tub however had plenty of hot water.
I like a hotter shower in winter. In summer this temp setting would be acceptable to me.
Older mattress and pieced together frame with mis matched boards supporting the box spring. Yes I do look...It was however comfortable enough.
Older TV yet good picture.
No posted checkout time, 11:00am we found out at 11:05.We were just about to head out and the owner called. He was very nice about it.

Overall:
I plan on revisiting but at no less than the Whirlpool room. Just afraid below that level things might go down hill.

Looks like the place may get busy in summer but definately not in winter.

If your not a prince or a princess and want to stay the night inexpensively. I would recommend staying here.

If your a complainer youll find faults everewhere. Go to the Hilton inn and complain as you definately wont like the Starlite.

I have paid more and got less, I have paid less and got less.

Room Tip: I would stick with the Whirlpool rooms as they seem to keep them up best. Only going by reviews. Did...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank wnyjim
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Starlite Motel and were very pleased with our accomodations! The staff was very friendly and our room was very clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joni p
South Egremont, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I had a NY State Fed bass tournament on Cayuga Lake, and needed a one night stay for myself and my wife, so I used the motel's own website to book a room. I called five days before our arrival to confirm the reservation, and was told by the woman answering the phone that my non-smoking, queen-size bed room with a refrigerator was all set. So, we arrive around 9:00 pm on a cold, rainy night, and am told by the very same woman at the office that they are booked up, but they will get us a room at the nearby Red Carpet Inn. She failed to mention that this Inn was located in Waterloo, NY, and that her directions of "a few minutes drive" were quite wrong. She also charged us the rate that we originally took online. So, we drive further through the cold rain and darkest, getting further from the lake by the minute. Upon finally arriving at this "Inn", we ended up in a dirty, musty, stale smoke smelling room, with various bugs and a bathroom floor that was sticky to walk on. No refrigerator, either. I wouldn't stay here for ten bucks a night. However, its very late, and I must get up at 4:00 am, so we try to just get some rest. We got up and left before 4:30 am. My wife actually slept in the car, at the launch, for a few hours, saying that there was no way she would stay there alone. I place ALL blame for this disaster on Starlite Motel. They charged us full price for a dump of a room in another place, farther from our destination, and I'm pretty sure that they purposely over-book, to do this on a regular basis. I will NEVER spent one more minute, or one more cent, on ANYTHING involving the Starlite Motel. Fair warning, this place is a disaster!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
#2 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes

Been to Starlite Motel? Share your experiences!