“Great restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
sf
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Unusual Food- Well prepared. Real mashers, incredible dessert, unsual drinks, good service and reasonably priced.

Visited October 2011

Iceland
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We decided to have a nice dinner downstairs since we were staying at the hotel.

The ambiance was very nice and the room was quite lovely.

I think if we went back we would just have to try completely different things off of the menu. The wine that we had at $8/glass was only okay. I didn't actually finish it and ended up ordering a beer.

My husband had the eggplant with a side of pasta. He felt both items were pretty bland and not comparable to what we usually eat at home. I had a salad and an order of the macaroni and cheese. The salad was small and could have been better. The mac and cheese looked good and was different from your standard fare but it was quite watery.

I would probably try going to the restaurant one more time if I was back in the area and would order completely different items based on the reviews here.

• Visited October 2011
Absecon, New Jersey
“A Go-To Place If You're Near Seneca Falls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

Decided to go here since we were staying at the Hotel Clarence and were out all day and wanted a good sit-down dinner. We went at about 7.30 on Sunday and there were only 4 other tables occupied. I thought we'd be "rused" out of there--but more and more people came in, and they didnt seem annoyed at all!

Decor is very dark. I think more lighting or candles on the tables would help brighten it up a bit. Kind of reminded me of one of the "remodeled" restaurants you see on one of those restaurant makeover TV shows.

Our server was the weaker of the two we saw in the dining room. In my opinion, she seemed like she just started the week before--previously working at the Denny's down the street. I observed the other server explaining the specials, taking time to talk and engage the diners, and even offer fresh-pepper with the salads. I couldn't even tell you our server's name, she never explained the specials (one of her other tables walked up to the front to read the board), and seemed like she was running around (almost spilling a drink on my wife). Kind of made me nervous.

The food was impressive. My wife started w/ a salad with homemade lemon dressing...a light vinagrette. I had a BBQ steak & potato soup. For dinner, she had the glazed salmon, cooked perfectly, and I had the shrimp with olive gnocci. (You could tell they were homemade.)

We opted to go to the bar for an after-dinner drink instead of dessert.

The only thing I don't understand is the name: Vineyard 108. I understand it used to be called D'VINE (playing on "devine" since the hotel is named after the angel from "It's a Wonderful Life" as well as a play on "of the vine"). However, the logo and the thought of "Vineyard 108" makes me think that this will highlight wines. I didnt think so, nor was there a "by the bottle" wine list available. Might just be my preference.

I would go back to Vineyard 108 for dinner and recommend it to anyone looking for a great meal in the Seneca Falls area!

• Visited October 2011
“Great value, romantic setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

We were very pleased with our meal and service. The bread was delicious and the wine list excellent. I had scallops and my husband had the tapas plate with fresh local cheeses and meat. They provided fresh wine set ups to carry the remainder of our dinner and wine to our room.

Leesburg, Ohio
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

The name of this restaurant has been changed to Vineyard 108. It's located in the Hotel Clarence. We had a fantastic meal... My husband started with the BBQ chicken soup (which he loved), I had a House salad with balsamic dressing (just the right size and loved the dressing... perfectly dressed - not swimming in it). We ordered the filet mignon and the cognac-marinated salmon — both were perfectly cooked and presented. My husband finished with apple pie with caramel pecan ice cream and loved every bite. My meal was complete with some of the best creme brulee i've ever had the pleasure of eating. I had wine with dinner (compliments of the partnership they have with Barrister's), my husband had some delicious beer from the region. The barkeep willingly created an after dinner drink to my specifications — it was perfect. We will return for more great food and wonderful service at Vineyard 108!

• Visited September 2011