“Fantastic hotel that could be a destination hotel”
Review of The Gould Hotel

The Gould Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Seneca Falls
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Our daughter, dog, and I experienced a very pleasant stay at the Gould Hotel. We needed a pet friendly hotel and we were pleasantly surprised The Gould was so accommodating.

The Gould is a wonderful property in contrast to the homogenized experience of the large chains. I didn't count the rooms, but I estimate that it is somewhere around fifty. In regards to our stay...

First the staff was wonderful, Clint at the front desk was great. As we arrived, there was live music in the lounge. Unfortunately we had a long drive and had to rise early the next morning (we were there for a local volleyball tournament), so we could not take that in. The room was one of the best that I have been in for many years (and I've spent hundreds of nights in various hotels). Our room was a large double double that featured two beds w/ high quality bedding, high ceilings, chandlers, a nice desk, hardwood floors and a wonderful bathroom. The paint colors and the decor as a whole was chic. Also provided are free WiFi and a Kurieg machine, which I was prepared to use but did not have the time. The continental breakfast was very well received featuring modest healthy options. The Gould's house coffee was tasty. I plan to come back to The Gould and visit the Finger Lakes region, it's a true hidden gem. The staff not only was wonderful to myself and daughter but made quick friends with our pup. They accommodated our late check out and we were really appreciative.

In my conversations I learned the plan was to add a lounge chair and storage to each bathroom, something I think will be very useful.

Room Tip: The double double large room was a $10.00 upgrade and was well worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank chris1gill

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here while in town for a banquet. I fell in love as soon as we walked in the door. Unfortunately we didn't get to eat at the hotel's restaurant, but I will put this place on my list to go back to! Our room was so inviting, I loved the hardwood floors and color contrasts. Perfectly designed with vintage and modern beauty! Can't wait to go back for another stay!

Room Tip: The king sized beds are TO DIE for!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carla L
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stopped here for the third time on the way to Ohio. A nice place to look forward to after a long drive. The staff were very friendly and competent. Dinner was very good and enjoyable, because of the food and the staff. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms very clean. As others have mentioned the decor is a bit stark and lighting by the beds could be improved. Also, if I was staying longer I would definitely miss not having more than the little desk chair for furniture.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2013

If you like high ceilings and old charm hotels, this is the place to Stay. Located Downtown Seneca Falls, close to Shopping.
The restraint in the hotel is Excellent. Yes the rooms are sparely furnished, but that is part of the charm.
Been staying here for 8 years, this year they had a name change.
I would recommend
We have never been to this town in the summer, but our friends tell us it is wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JBOttawa
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

The Gould is a lovely hotel. The furnishings are ultra chic, clashing a little with the historic surroundings. Loved the bar area and the food was top notch! The staff were professional and helpful. The room was quiet and clean. Will return on our next trip to the area.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Warm and welcoming bar best part of the place......however, room decor is lacking. A picture on the wall would add a nice pop of color to a cold, industrial decor. Two comfortable chairs would be a nice addition as the only place to sit and talk is on the beds. Plenty of room for chairs too. Beautiful new bathroom and nice shower products. A lamp or 2 would add warmth to the room also. Check bed sizes. Ours were advertised as queens but they were doubles. Service staff was excellent!

Room Tip: Some rooms have better views
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We came for a friend's wedding which took place in the actual hotel. I was really excited to see how cute and trendy the rooms were. Everything was clean and the service was good. You are in walking distance to a local bar and it's beautiful in the fall.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seneca Falls
Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes

Been to The Gould Hotel? Share your experiences!