The Gould Hotel
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls(Seneca Falls)(Great Value!)
$119
Starlite Motel(Seneca Falls)
$75
$85
$80
QualityInn
Del Lago Resort & Casino(Waterloo)
$125
$121
Orbitz.com
Hampton Inn Geneva(Geneva)(Great Value!)
$120
$113
Hampton.com
$125
$102
Geneva on the Lake(Geneva)(Great Value!)
$243
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsboutique hotelfront deskhigh ceilingshardwood floorsbar and restaurantfinger lakesqueen suitecontinental breakfaststreet noisekeurig coffee makerbeautiful hotelsconesscallopssmall townyogurtwomen's rightshistoric building
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hotel Clarence does two things well. 1) Provide an exceptionally clean/crisp room, and 2) provide a comfortable bed. Those are two very important things when traveling! The room had hardwood floors, one queen-size bed, one nightstand, a modern desk & chair, and one very white bathroom. All those are good! The bathroom had clean white subway tile in the shower and clean, non-stained towels. I point all this out because, I believe, that's the image they're going for. The hotel had left directions for how to use the TV, AC/Heat, Ipod Clock/Radio, and the Kuerig Coffee Maker. The complementary WiFi worked flawlessly.

My only comment/complaints might be that it the room was so minimalist that it lacked a couple of things that I would have wanted: a nightstand next to the OTHER side of the bed, a small refrigerator that is almost ubiquitous in many boutique hotels, more bathroom towel hooks (there was one) and a second bar of soap. (i supposed we could have asked for that!). There are no lamps in the rooms so they rely on overhead lighting for everything, including bed(side) lighting. The shades didn't really keep the light out in the morning either. I did appreciate the fact that there weren't unnecessary Wyeth prints on the wall too; just a big beautiful mirror.

The hotel is in the downtown area - close to the Women's Museum, the canal, and a self-guided walking tour of many famous homes. The famous "Bedford Falls" bridge is there, but not anything terribly special. The same for the 'Sculpture Park'. Not so much.

Food places are close by - Nonnies for cappuccino in the morning is a must. Parkers was good pub food (exceptional onion rings!), and there is a hot dog place across from the hotel open until 3AM. The hotel food was good - we ate in the bar one night.

It's apparent that the town is trying to rebuild/re-purpose itself. There are many closed factory buildings near the canal. Hotel Clarence was in the midst of sprucing-up the exterior with re-pointing and painting the brick.

Room Tip: Although the back side of the hotel only offers views of the parking lot, that might be better than street-side if you're a light sleeper. Oh, and bring an extra bar of soap! =)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Clarence is a charming little hotel in Seneca Falls, where we stayed one night on a little tour of the Fingerlakes. Hotel service was very nice, and helpful. The rooms are decorated in a boutique-style... I was disappointed there was no tub but the great bed made up for it in terms of comfort. All down comforter, pillows, pillow-top mattress, and I didn't want to get up the next morning, I could have slept in there all day!

We didn't eat there, but did have a drink outside on the patio and service was professional and courteous. It's right downtown, free parking behind, and I have nothing bad to say about our stay there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Currently staying here (it's 7am and I am having coffee on the patio). Checked in late yesterday afternoon w/my husband after a long drive from NYC. Had just enough time to shower and get to a pre wedding dinner. The room is very modern and clean however, we didn't notice until we returned late (close to midnight) that you can hear EVERYTHING from the street. In addition to people fighting on the corner to an extremely loud crosswalk that chirps every 40-50 seconds as the streetlight is about to change. I would like to stress that I am a native of NYC and travel the world. General noise does not bother me however, I could not sleep...that's how loud that chirping is. When I spoke w/the front desk, they advised me that a manager would not be in until 3pm. They also were very smitten and said they would move us to a room further away from the 'chirping' streetlight. It would have been nice to be offered a quiet room to begin with. In addition, there's nothing to walk to, the streets are desolate and appear to be dangerous at night. It's adjacent/connected to an abandoned building which has scaffolding up. Lots of audible traffic noise as it's on a main road. Lots of abandoned warehouses visible from the front of the hotel. We will hopefully move today to somewhere a little more peaceful. It would have been nice if we knew ahead of time about the noise so we could make an informed decision for ourselves whether to stay or
not. By midnight when we
returned, it was too late.
Choose somewhere in lake geneva (Hampton Inn looked ok
and set back from major traffic).

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank inspumprn
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We we first arrived, for some reason our reservation had been somehow cancelled. The lady at the front took care of it, and gave us a little bit of a discount for the hassle. The rooms were clean, but simple. No wifi, no DVD player, no blowdryer, and little to no decor. We opted to eat dinner at their restaurant which was good, but not worth the price! It was almost like they were a small Ma & Pa hotel that was trying to be posh / hip by up charging and painting the walls modern colors. Our server was WONDERFUL, I loved her, but that was the highlight of our stay. If you have low expectations of amenities, but want something predictable and are willing to pay the price, then it's a good place. Otherwise, find something else!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 111, it was clean, street view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I really,really dislike "It's a Wonderful Life". The hotel does not play up the movie angle,and I'm glad. I paid rack rate for a room with a parlor. It was room 115. This hotel is trying to be modern and "hip". Maybe it succeeds. I'm not sure. I'm sort of an old hippie and I just found the room to be disconcerting. Very white and minimal. The only place to sit in the parlor was a rather small loveseat. The desk was some sort of plastic composite. The bathroom was huge. The ceilings are tall. Our room, facing Rt.5/20 was LOUD. Very LOUD. Unacceptably LOUD. I pointed this out to the young woman at the front desk and asked to be moved. There were no other room available.(There was a wedding going on there so this was true.) The assissant manager was standing close by. When I told him that after paying $200.00 for a room that I expected more, he made it right. I love it when people make it right.
So if you wnat to try something new you might want to give this place a whirl.The bar was nice. Don't stay in rooms at the front of the hotel(at least don't pay rack rate for them).

Room Tip: Stay toward the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple