“Restaurant Month!! Not to be missed..”
Review of Bazin's on Church

Bazin's on Church
Reserve with OpenTable
Bazin's on Church is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 186 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Bazin's on Church offers a contemporary American menu featuring organic and seasonal ingredients. The wine bar features a collection of wonderful wines from around the world, with an emphasis on California. Bazin's recently received the 2014 Wine Spectator Award for Excellence. We have over 400 wines to choose from. Upon being diagnosed with Celiac Disease several years ago, Chef and Owner Patrick Bazin has created an entire gluten-free dining menu. Rather than modifying current dishes to meet dietary restrictions he has created fresh and innovative dishes to please everyone's palate. Whether you too have to modify your diet or just choose to follow the gluten free lifestyle you'll enjoy these changes to our menu.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The menu is wonderful as all the other reviewer's have mentioned. We came as a group for a special family dinner and to try out their restaurant MONTH menu! It was wonderful.. The service was excellent and the Sunday evening just quiet enough to be comfortable for our group - but the restaurant was still not empty. Definitely a gem in Vienna! Great getaway from the chain restaurant monotony. Eager to return to try their Brunch with music on the first Sunday of any month. ... I am sure I have a birthday coming up soon? hint! hint!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

4 friends for dinner on Thursday night. we made a reservation and our table was ready on arrival. The restaurant was packed, but the service was good. Parking is a bit on an issue, but not terrible. The wine list was good and the menu was nice. A bit expensive, but we had a nice meal, cocktails etc. They also have set menus if interested; we didn't do it.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have for many years wanted to eat at Bazin's and since it is restaurant week here in Northern Virginia we ended up there. We chose from the Pre-fix list and I started with the pork cheeks as an appetizer. It could have been a meal with a slightly weighted hand at serving. The pork which was the most tenderious pork I have ever eaten was flaky soft ever so tender. It had a mild vinegar flavor which surprised me at fist but was accompanied with a dollop of mash potatoes and a dollop of greens which too were so very tender. Some people put vinegar on their greens so this made some sense to me. A mild brown gravy circled the plate and all was topped with crisp homemade fried onions. As you can sense this was a hefty appetizer so I ordered lighter for the entrée. Well worth the taste as it was prepared just right.
I had the risotto which was also prepared as creamy as risotto can be it was cooked just right. Mixed with the risotto was butter squash and sweet onions (not a lot,) mushrooms and topped with duck confetti and two types of cheeses, one I believe was parmesan. The dish was perfection except it was so soft in flavors that and I hate to admit it, I would have dusted it with some salt - I kind of craved salt but certainly it was not worthy of asking for salt. It was perfectly done.
The crème Brule was out of this world. A nice crackling sugar crust.
My family member had the crusted fried chicken breast which was beaten flat and served almost like a chicken parmesan. She said it was very tender and it was served with a side of arugula salad, which I tasted and was very good.
The server was exceptional and knew the menu and what to order and the tastes which I find very helpful when trying to decide between the final two rounds.
The only knock I have about the restaurant is that the seating is so very close to each other that you really cannot have a private conversation with your partner. It is so close that it is almost awkwardly distracting. I will have to say that the couple sitting next to us, in listening to their conversation that this was not the first time they had visited Bazin and they simply LOVED their food choices. I did at one point ask the gentleman about his Oyster appetizer and he said they were the best he had ever eaten. The oysters were fried and served on a bed of pureed green sauce. it was a beautiful presentation. They also ordered the lobster ravioli and fried flatten veal with arugula salad served atop the veal. The only thing he mentioned to his partner was the potatoes didn't speak to him as much as the other dishes did. The couple did mention to me that sitting out into the middle of the restaurant it was very noisy, so the alternatives is to sit in the middle with some hope of hearing your friends or sitting awkwardly on the side seating of the restaurant and making new ones.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

This is a small, but elegant local restaurant. The menu is
lImited and fairly expensive. However the quality of the food has been very good. They also serve lunch, and during that time period, parking is difficult! There is an underground garage for the building, but it is small and not easy to maneuver in. Parking in the evening is not as bad.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We've eaten at Bazin's on Church a few times and I have to say that their Risotto is fabulous. Service is extraordinary and the ambiance is nice. A bit crowded, but what would you expect with one of, if not the nicest restaurant in the town of Vienna.