“Just Love this Place”
Review of Bazin's on Church

Bazin's on Church
Reserve with OpenTable
Bazin's on Church is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 189 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Bazin's on Church offers a contemporary American menu featuring organic and seasonal ingredients. The wine bar features a collection of wonderful wines from around the world, with an emphasis on California. Bazin's recently received the 2014 Wine Spectator Award for Excellence. We have over 400 wines to choose from. Upon being diagnosed with Celiac Disease several years ago, Chef and Owner Patrick Bazin has created an entire gluten-free dining menu. Rather than modifying current dishes to meet dietary restrictions he has created fresh and innovative dishes to please everyone's palate. Whether you too have to modify your diet or just choose to follow the gluten free lifestyle you'll enjoy these changes to our menu.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I went for an early Valentine's dinner Friday night. Had no idea the restaurant was participating in restaurant week - so an added bonus - three courses for $35.13 from a selected menu that had many wonderful options. Each dish was so delicious that we did not even share one bite with the other - until we decided to share a dessert and take one home for our daughter. Atmosphere is always welcoming and cozy, service was excellent, owners are out and about being attentive to their guests, and you do not have to drive downtown but to the lovely town of Vienna.

1  Thank Kathy I

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

So my husband wasn't sure about this place saying it had mixed reviews. I had eaten there twice previously, but for very light meals. We went on a Saturday night booking through Open Table. We were early but were seated after a short wait in the noisy bar area.
Our meals were fantastic. Lamb shank for me and mahi for my husband. Mine was a delicious stick to your ribs meal with carrots, mashed potatoes and a rich gravy. My husband's fish was cooked perfectly and plated with a rice cake, crispy on the outside, soft inside. The shrimp enhanced sauce had the right amount of heat to offset the sweetness of the sticky rice. We demolished our chocolate dessert too. Great meal, good service.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Love their seasonal menus, went last night and they had an early restaurant week menu, which was great. I had the potato crusted halibut, hubby had the beef stroganoff. Shared the chocolate bread pudding dessert. All was wonderful. The only complaint I have is that many of the tables are rather crowded together, but this is nothing that will keep us from coming back!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I are foodies so don't get overly excited about a lot of restaurants/meals. Hubby went to Bazin's on Church this week for a business lunch and said the scallops were the best he'd ever had...impressive!!! So, he took me back for lunch and we thoroughly enjoyed the 3 course lunch for $20. We shared the crab chowder and eggplant rollantini appetizers, and I was impressed that the chef split both of them for us! Both were delicious, but if you had to choose one, the crab showder was divine...not healthy, but delicious beyond belief!!! We both had the Sesame Crusted Mahi-Mahi, which was out of this world yummy and so full of wonderful flavors! For dessert, we split the Key Lime Pie and Salted Caramel Tart. The key lime pie was the best I've had with the delicous coconut macaroon crust, but the salted caramel tart was truly one of the best desserts I've EVER had. I am so excited to find out they have a monthly 3 course lunch and dinner menu, and can't wait to go back! Highly recommend this restaurant!!!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Last week, I met my niece, a college student, for lunch. I suggested this place because I have alwaysfound the food to be first-rate. I arrived through the back entrance, as that's where I parked. I immediately told the hostess that I was meeting a young lady (I described her) and to please direct her to my table. Well, my niece was standing in the front etrance, where there is a wall around the vestibule - but quite visible to the hostess. My niece stood there for 25 minutes (now granted, it should have occurred to her to come into the restaurant after some time had passed.) Waiter came over several times; I said I was waiting for my niece. Anyway, she finally DID come inside. During this whole time, hostess was sitting at the bar drinking club soda. I was livid! Asked the waiter to speak to a manager; he said there was no manager, but the chef/owner, Patrick Bazin was there - asked to speak with him. Said owner was kibbutzing behind the bar with 2 patrons. Never came by. I almost couldn't help glancing frequently in his direction to see if he looked "available" - which he certainly was. We ordered; food was definitely delicious and well prepared. However, dining is a sum total of the experiene. Hostess came by; that incenced me. When we were nearly done, owner/chef sauntered by. Asked what was wrong. Listened to me say that I was disappointed to wait 25 minutes when the hostess could have shown my niece to the table. She could have not cared less about looking for my companion. The Owner Was clearly not interested. I said, "I know you are successful, and you don't need my business to remain successful, but I just wanted to let you know of my experience." He mumbled something about no, we care. Ha! Anyway, at the end of the meal, we were offered an overly-sweet dessert wine in a tiny cordial glass. I don't care about being "comped" or anything like that, truly. I didn't even like the wine. But to be ignored - well, that's a deal breaker for me. Will NEVER go back.

2  Thank Gail M