“A local treasure”

Skorpios Maggio's Family Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 204 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed June 13, 2018

We used to order their subs regularly and we hadn't been there for years, so we gave them another try and were very happy. We got the rotisserie chicken (very good), felafel (very good), chicken stir-fry (good), Greek potatoes (addictive), and gyros (good). Service was fine (we got takeout) and the prices are very reasonable. The owner is a character, too.

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I were looking for something not too fancy but a little different than fast food. We decided to try Maggio's, located in a small strip mall in Vienna. Neither of us had been there before, although the restaurant (or its iteration) had been there for many years. The restaurant is small and my friend, who is French, was disappointed at the lack of ambiance. In addition the food is served on paper plates with plastic utensils.
Orders are taken at the counter and you can pick any open table. Most of the food choices are Greek or Mediterranean and quite reasonably priced. The portions were quite large. My dinner companion complained about the dryness of the meat. I had a salad with tuna that was soaked in mayonnaise. Beverages are self serve via machine. The deserts are fine. The restaurant always seemed to be busy and must have a steady fan base.

Reviewed January 24, 2018

Happened upon this restaurant when looking for a place to get gyro's. The food is awesome, portion's are crazy big! The owner is a hoot, friendliest guy, will stop at nothing to make sure your happy. Oh, and did I mention they offer free donuts too!
You will not leave this place hungry.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

This is a bit of a hole in the wall. You order from the counter, sit at a limited number of seats, but the food is awesome and the owners was so much fun! Free samples of baklava made waiting "sweet." I have definitely found my go-to place for gyros and tzatziki sauce for dipping anything! The hubs wasn't fond of the dill in the avgolemono soup but I thought it added a lovely, fresh zip of flavor to it. I would recommend trying the place out. They do a busy take out business with good reason as well!

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Wonderful, flavorful rotisserie chicken. Greek style. Family run local restaurant / institution. Don't forget to add baklava.