“Has it All” 4 of 5 stars

Amphora Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 169 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: American, Greek, International, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A local landmark in the DC metro area, Amphora Restaurant opened its doors to NOVA customers back in the early 1970's serving breakfast, lunch and dinner 24-7 using only the finest sourced ingredients and recipes made-from-scratch daily.
Vienna, Virginia
“Has it All”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Amphora calls itself a restaurant but its a classic diner and can do it all In true, east coast, diner fashion. With over 350 items on its menu, no one can say they couldn't find a tasty treat or even a healthy option. Amphora never disappoints, even at 3 am

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Spiegs1968
Kerrin D, Marketing Director at Amphora Restaurant, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Spiegs1968,

Thank you for reviewing our establishment On Trip Advisor as your opinion is incredibly important to us. Please, come to dine with us again at anytime of the day, or the night.

Your Friends at Amphora Group.

Oakton VA
“best diner I've ever been to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We are "regulars" here, going at least once a week, sometimes three or four. The food is very good no matter what time of day or night you go. The menu is huge and, yes, there are occasional disappointments, but overall it's very good. It's amazing that they are able to produce anything on that huge menu at any time.The good thing about coming here is that there will always be something for everyone in the group. We love Amphora

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kerrin D, Marketing Director at Amphora Restaurant, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Hel2662,

On behalf of our team here at Amphora Group, we would like to extend you a genuine thank you for providing your review of our restaurant services. We are thrilled that you have shared your positive experience.
It is loyal patrons like you that help contribute to our business success! As an extension of our appreciation for sharing your story we would like to offer you the option to join our complimentary VIP Royalty Club and in doing so we will activate your club card an exclusive reward. If you are interested in this offer please email us at customerservice@amphoragroup.com and we will help assist you with confirming your membership.

Thank you again for your continued support and positive feedback. We hope to hear from you soon.

Summerfield, North Carolina
“Gone down hill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We usually make an effort to eat here when in the NoVa area. It's usually pretty tasty but this time it was just soso.
This place has been here for many years and the decor shows it. It could use a facelift to just to bring it up to par.
Wait staff is dressed like you are in a five star restaurant when it's basically diner food.
Prices are reasonable.

• 3 of 5 stars
Kerrin D, Marketing Director at Amphora Restaurant, responded to this review, September 17, 2013

It is loyal patrons like you that help contribute to our growth and business improvements. As an extension of our appreciation for sharing your story we would like to offer you the option to join our complimentary VIP Royalty Club and in doing so we will activate your club card an exclusive reward. If you are interested in this offer please email us at customerservice@amphoragroup.com and we will help assist you with confirming your membership.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to hear from you soon.

Fairfax, Virginia
“Slow Service, Average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

3 dollars for a cup of coffee is more than most restaurants charge but it's the only thing I consider really good in this restaurant. Otherwise, it's good that one can order breakfast at any time of the day. Usually breakfast is not bad, since the eggs have to be fresh, their ham is ok, and the breads are freshly baked too. I would not recommend it for lunch or dinner. I have had terrible experiences in the past at this restaurant when the food was not fresh and also oversalted.

Today I went to have breakfast. The hostess directed me to a booth and gave me a menu. I was waiting for more than 10 minutes and nobody came. I had to stand up and ask the hostess if the waitress was going to come to my table anytime soon. She sent one right away. I got my order and it was good. I also had to wait a while until I got a coffee refill.

I would go back for breakfast, but never if I have time constraints.

1 Thank review4
Kerrin D, Marketing Director at Amphora Restaurant, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Review4,

The management of Amphora Group would like reach out to you in regards to the recent review of our business on TripAdvisor.
Thank you for providing your feedback as your opinion is incredibly important to us and we value the details you have provided. We invite you to visit us again soon and if you are not already a loyalty club member of ours we would love to assist you in becoming a member. Please email us at customerservice@amphoragroup.com for further details.

Thank you!

Germantown MD
“Gone downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My parents and I visited Sunday afternoon and it was not very crowded. We waited 20 minutes for our food which consisted of fish and chips, a Rueben and Spanokopita. We had to send back the fries because they were cold and hard, but mixed in with hot ones. My dads "chips" were cold and bland. All the silverware was dull and worn. I could not cut the pastry sheet dough in the Spinach Pie and it tasted as if it were microwaved. It was over salted and I left half of it on my plate with the nasty fries. My dad had to cut up the Rueben since it is served open face and did so with difficulty. I think that wa the result of the old silverware!

I had to take my mom to the restroom. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. The access to the restroom is difficult with tight corners an obstacles such as child seats in the way. Once you manuever through one door, you have go through a second door to get in. The wheelchair took up the hole restroom and I got hit a couple of times from people trying to enter. Needless to say, this restaurant is NOT handicap friendly.

We won't be returning anytime soon. I did tell the cashier how much we were disappointed and she gave a canned apology and moved onto the next customer.

• 1 of 5 stars