“They Take Care of the Bands”
Review of Jammin Java

Jammin Java
Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in Vienna
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“They Take Care of the Bands”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

From the outside it looks like a generic store in a shopping plaza but inside it definitely gives off a classy punk feel. The staff was friendly and made great food. I was on tour with a band and they definitely went the extra mile to make us feel welcome.

Visited March 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Live Music Venue”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great live music, sound system and friendly staff. Prices for tickets have gone up more and more and so now expect to pay $16 or so per ticket. A bit pricey if you often check out the live music and they need to develop a membership system so it's a lot less per ticket.

Visited September 2013
Gainesville, Virginia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Love this venue!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

So I love this venue! I've been here... more than 10 times at this point. It's nice to have a music venue that doesn't require the long journey into DC.

I've gone to see bands that I like, and check out bands that I might be interested in. The bartenders are super friendly. Specifically there is a female bartender ( I have no idea what her name is) that just oozes sunshine. It's like her favorite thing in the world is to tend bar there! It definitely makes my experience more enjoyable.

Bathrooms are usually clean and if there's ever a 'mess' it's cleaned up pretty quickly. The drinks are great, they have a good beer selection (in bottles and on tap). Prices for drinks are relatively reasonable. I've never had their food, so I can't really review that.

The crowd is mostly dependent on who is playing. Some nights people are running around and dancing all over the place, but other nights shows could be seated, which brings in a very different crowd. I saw James McCartney there a few months ago and I would say the average age was above 55. On the flip-side, a lot of the shows are all ages, so there can be a bunch of high school aged people there too.

I've never seen a fight, or anyone who made me overly nervous. I've never been worried about my safety. I just say this because it's something I always worry about when going to a new place.

For me it seems like a much nicer version of what Alley Katz in Richmond was.

Anyway, I would definitely suggest Jammin Java. It's the best music venue in this area.

Visited June 2013
Woodbridge, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“I've never had a bad time”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Although I've only been here to see one of my favorite bands (Enter The Haggis), I've been 4 or 5 times and never been disappointed! It can be a little crowded, and unless you want to stand the whole night, you have to arrive early and grab one of the few seats along the side. Jammin' Java is a small, awesome little music venue!

Visited September 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
253 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 161 helpful votes
“great local venue”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Jammin Java is a bar and live music venue in downtown Vienna, Va. It is located in a small strip mall with plenty of free parking and easy vehicle access. The venue has a bar area and a small VIP seating area (20 seats) and a standing only general admission area that can hold approximately 150 people on a single level. Sight lines are generally good. I found the acoustics better than expected. I used ear plugs and they were a welcome help.
The venue has a nice web-site and a very easy online ticket process.
Bottom line, I would not hesitate to go back.

Visited March 2013