“Love this venue!” 5 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Love this venue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

So I love this venue! I've been here... more than 10 times at this point. It's nice to have a music venue that doesn't require the long journey into DC.

I've gone to see bands that I like, and check out bands that I might be interested in. The bartenders are super friendly. Specifically there is a female bartender ( I have no idea what her name is) that just oozes sunshine. It's like her favorite thing in the world is to tend bar there! It definitely makes my experience more enjoyable.

Bathrooms are usually clean and if there's ever a 'mess' it's cleaned up pretty quickly. The drinks are great, they have a good beer selection (in bottles and on tap). Prices for drinks are relatively reasonable. I've never had their food, so I can't really review that.

The crowd is mostly dependent on who is playing. Some nights people are running around and dancing all over the place, but other nights shows could be seated, which brings in a very different crowd. I saw James McCartney there a few months ago and I would say the average age was above 55. On the flip-side, a lot of the shows are all ages, so there can be a bunch of high school aged people there too.

I've never seen a fight, or anyone who made me overly nervous. I've never been worried about my safety. I just say this because it's something I always worry about when going to a new place.

For me it seems like a much nicer version of what Alley Katz in Richmond was.

Anyway, I would definitely suggest Jammin Java. It's the best music venue in this area.

Visited June 2013

Woodbridge, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“I've never had a bad time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Although I've only been here to see one of my favorite bands (Enter The Haggis), I've been 4 or 5 times and never been disappointed! It can be a little crowded, and unless you want to stand the whole night, you have to arrive early and grab one of the few seats along the side. Jammin' Java is a small, awesome little music venue!

Visited September 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
252 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“great local venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Jammin Java is a bar and live music venue in downtown Vienna, Va. It is located in a small strip mall with plenty of free parking and easy vehicle access. The venue has a bar area and a small VIP seating area (20 seats) and a standing only general admission area that can hold approximately 150 people on a single level. Sight lines are generally good. I found the acoustics better than expected. I used ear plugs and they were a welcome help.
The venue has a nice web-site and a very easy online ticket process.
Bottom line, I would not hesitate to go back.

Visited March 2013
Vienna
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great venue just keeps getting better.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

It had been a while between visits to Jammin Java (one of the Metro DC areas top 4 venues). The new lobby bar makes it 1000% more comfortable for the early arrivals who want first is to grab great seats.

I was there to see an internationally acclaimed artist - Pierre Bensusan - and was able to take advantage of another relatively new feature. Jammin Java now offers reserved seating in two areas - front of the stage and in a slightly elevated space. Even though the venue is small and intimate (approx 200 seats) the opportunity to book the best seats in advance is great for fans.

The light menu continues to offer fresh hand crafted sandwiches, salads, and some cool chilli's. With their full bar you can sip you poison preference, have a bottle of wine, or take advantage of the name sake menu of coffees, espressos, etc.

The Brindley Brothers have set the bar for the music and club scene with great offerings for families with kidos, live music from world class artists, and local artists and bands looking to perfect their craft.

So - bottom line the Best gets better. Check it out.

Visited February 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Nice listening venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Jammin Java is a great venue to enjoy live music. By day it is a coffee and sandwich shop but by night the back room turns into a listening room that seats about 200 people highlighting musicians from all over the country. We recently went to see Ellis Paul and it was a great experience. The food is slightly above your typical bar food with unique chili dishes, gourmet hot dogs and sandwiches. Many of the servers show the perfect amount of indifference you would see at a NYC music venue and they are excellent at bringing food and drinks to the patrons without interrupting the musical experience. If you like good music in a nice setting check out Jammin Java.

Visited November 2012